Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Insanity X3 has arrived at my house
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
paxton
The neighborhood association can go pound sand. I have plans, plans I say!

Total investment in the 3, with 2 running but in okay shape and 1 not running but in great shape: $6750. Not too shabby.

I want to turn one over and let that money fund the other two. Now I have to find the one I can emotionally handle letting go.
porbmw
QUOTE(paxton @ Sep 25 2014, 11:10 AM) *

The neighborhood association can go pound sand. I have plans, plans I say!

Total investment in the 3, with 2 running but in okay shape and 1 not running but in great shape: $6750. Not too shabby.

I want to turn one over and let that money fund the other two. Now I have to find the one I can emotionally handle letting go.

welcome.png

Good for you, may was well not delay the inevitable. Start with one, and others will follow you home, anyway.

Pics?
SirAndy
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

biggrin.gif
mapguy
^^^^^^^
IanS
That's awesome! Good luck with your plans, plans
76-914
Lucky man! Don't forget to list all those VIN #'s here.
monkeyboy
Um, don't you mean sell two to keep one running? These cars are money pits!
ripper911
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Sep 25 2014, 04:24 PM) *

Um, don't you mean sell two to keep one running? These cars are money pits!

No they're not! stick.gif

But you have to keep them happy. You can either drive them everyday or work on them all of the time, either way, they just want aattention.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 25 2014, 11:28 AM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

biggrin.gif

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
paxton
I will get pictures soon. I had to work late last night, and by the time I got home it was dark.

You know... because I have to pay for these things.
altitude411
QUOTE(paxton @ Sep 26 2014, 09:33 AM) *

I will get pictures soon. I had to work late last night, and by the time I got home it was dark.

You know... because I have to pay for these things.

...just get a dog like John's (FourBlades) My kind of retriever! Click to view attachment
paxton
Here are some images.

paxton
The black one is the roughest in terms of cosmetics, but it is the only one that runs, changes gears (kind of), and stops (kind of). The paint is rough, and the interior has 1980's modifications that have to go, quickly. I'm 6 feet tall, and the center console is too wide and in the way. 1st gear requires me to move my leg over. So short shifter for me. This car has a carb; FI has been removed.

The red one has drastic brake issues and won't stay running. FI is intact.

Both the black and red one need rear trunk pans replaced.

I didn't have time to get to the green one.

The black one has been repainted. It was originally green. The red one has been repainted. It was originally blue. The green one has been repainted. It was originally an even uglier green/yellow. I know this because the paint jobs were poorly done. Original paint is showing through on all three cars.

All three cars need new or recovered seats. The dashes are okay in all but the black car; that is to say, not terrible but not great. The black car's dash is completely jacked up.

The wiper motor on the black one works okay. The red one's wiper motor is exceedingly slow. The green one has no battery, and I ran out of time.

The lights on the black one work great. The red one's lights come up, but don't come on. No time for the green one...

The list for the black car:
- brakes
- clutch
- short shift kit
- seats (recovered)
- center console removed and replaced with short one
- dash

The list for the other two cars are forthcoming... Eventually.
ripper911
Your neighbors are going to love you. happy11.gif
paxton
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Sep 28 2014, 01:01 PM) *

Your neighbors are going to love you. happy11.gif

Meh, I fit two of them in the garage.
pilothyer
Paxton....Quite a collection you have there, and no Junkers in the lot either. If any one tries to give you a hard time about them I believe the city ordinance just says they have to ne able to move under their own power. stash the red one inside or call me and it will be running in no time.........Jerry
KELTY360
Love the painted bumpers on the red one. Save FI for your driver. Nice score.

welcome.png
paxton
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Sep 28 2014, 03:08 PM) *

Love the painted bumpers on the red one. Save FI for your driver. Nice score.

welcome.png

Thank you very much!
EdwardBlume
Now that's what I would call diving in! You may want to organize a work party...
Montreal914
smilie_pokal.gif Seems like a good deal!
All issues can be worked out and this is the place to get answers.
Good luck with your projects beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.