Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there something I'm missing here
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JStroud
I've been searching for an ignition condensor for the loaner 2.7 I have in my car.
The problem is the engine case is a 72, but built to a 2.7, it has a bosch distributor but searching the distributor #, various years of 911 doesn't come up with a single condenser. searched all the major parts suppliers, all had points, rotors, caps etc.... no condenser.

So no one replaces their condensers... confused24.gif

They're selling points, so I guess everyone hasn't changed to electronic ignition so whats the deal. confused24.gif

The closest I found was a bosch 02086, its configured the same so it would fit, but lists a different distributor #.

confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Cars equipped with Bosch BHKZ (CDI) don't use condensers, thus your problem.

The Cap'n
JStroud
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 25 2014, 06:15 PM) *

Cars equipped with Bosch BHKZ (CDI) don't use condensers, thus your problem.

The Cap'n

Soooo.....is there a solution....use the 02086?
Cap'n Krusty
I can't answer that. You'll need a condenser that fits the hole in the distributor, accepts the wire from the points, and can be secured on the side of the distributor with the clamp provided. If the hole is round, use a condenser that will stick through a round hole. If it's square, use a square one. I suspect a 914 condenser will fit, but I don't have a 914 distributor right here to look at. 02 054 has a round fitting, 02 074 has a square one. 02 086 is for a Saab, and has a square fitting.

Best I can do right now ..................

The Cap'n
JStroud
I guess that's what I was asking...is a condenser a condenser, any one will work if it fits the distributor. The 02086 has the square hole I need and the clamp is correct, it would FIT, but will it work.
And as always, appreciate all the good info Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.