Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there any way to log engine data?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
wndsnd
Looking to sync this information with the GPS Logger and Video.

Seems like without a OBD I am SOOL

Some Kind of Bluetooth gadget would be very cool.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
John
crash914
megasquirt...I am doing it with my gopro...see video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFedvSc3wMg

Aim also makes a module that you can wire inputs to
wndsnd
That is what I want to do.

Not sure how to implement it.

How are you picking up Throttle position and RPM and how do you create a data file?

Matt Romanowski
There are lots of data logging options that will log as many parameters as you want and you can put any sensors on that you want. To do RPM, engine oil temp, oil pressure, and similar things is very easy. Give me a call 603-674-3250 or email at matt@trailbrake.net and I can help you out. I'm an AiM dealer and give 914club discounts.
Matt Romanowski
Duplicate
wndsnd
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Sep 26 2014, 04:27 PM) *

There are lots of data logging options that will log as many parameters as you want and you can put any sensors on that you want. To do RPM, engine oil temp, oil pressure, and similar things is very easy. Give me a call 603-674-3250 or email at matt@trailbrake.net and I can help you out. I'm an AiM dealer and give 914club discounts.

Thanks Matt, I will reach out.

I have settled in with

TrackAddict
Go Pro
and Race Render 3
Garmin GLO

I like the way they work together without alot of time with syncronization or expense, but I would like to add more data than basic GPS functions.

John

stugray
I built my own from Arduino hardware from Sparkfun.
I can log:
innovate LC-1 AFR
2X EGT temps
2X CHT temps
Oil pressure
Oil temp
fuel pressure
throttle position
Battery voltage
Manifold Pressure
RPM
And it can control a shift light & Alarm light

It records data locally to a sdcard at high rate
I am working on figuring out how to display the data in real time to a Droid phone like Torque.

Even without that feature working, I can still run Torque for the GPS, acceleration, and video.

The idea is that the datalogger will have alarm limits on all of the critical stuff (oil press, temp, CHT) and it will be able to blink the alarm light if anything goes out of spec.

That way I dont have to ever glance at the phone for status unless the alarm light is blinking.

I dont have it installed in the car and working yet.
I have bench tested all of the individual functions.
I am still testing it and trying to get the software on the Droid to work.
Matt Romanowski
The analysis software after the logging is what really sets things apart. It's one thing to find there is a problem, it's another to find out why/when it happens.
stugray
I found this that was posted in the garage.

If I wasnt 99% done building one, I would just buy this:

http://www.14point7.com/products/idash
VG-914
If I wasnt 99% done building one, I would just buy this:

http://www.14point7.com/products/idash
[/quote]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Awesome. Great find. I'm on it...
yeahmag
I'd love to hear how the iDash works out for you. That seems like a great price for what it does.
Seabird
I bought one after reading this thread a few weeks back, correction ordered it. Just came in today. Ordered Sept 28th >>>>> Arrived Oct 31st!!!!

Packaging was the priority mail bag it was shipped in. Hopefully more went into its development than they thought about how to go to market.

M
Seabird
Oh and another thing I just notice; the invoice in the packaging shows a total of 177.95 after shipping and my bank statement shows 349.95. Looks like I was actually charged for what I bought just the invoice is wrong. confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
jd74914
Yes, Alan To from 14point7 ships EXTREMELY slowly. I've always been pleased with their products bu the shipping is awful. I'm very interested to hear how it works.
yeahmag
I'm currently using an LM-1 with the RPM converter that has additional 0-5V analog inputs that I'm fabricating sensors for:

* Brake On
* TPS

...and was trying to figure out how to do oil pressure, oil temperature, and ideally add warning lights. It looks like this can do it all! Just buy and old iPad/iPod/iPhone and mount it up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.