Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injection part needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kart54
Hi All,
Brand new member with a racing 914. I desperately need a no longer available part. It is the hose from the air valve to the body of the Fuel injector. the hose is 2 and 1/2 inside diameter and 9 or 10 inches long. No longer available from Porsche or volkswagen.
Part number is 022129967T.
I have already checked with the usual supsects all to no avail.
I'm in Ventura, CA.
Any help greatly appreciated
TheCabinetmaker
Welcome to the board Kart, but I'm afraid I don't know what hose you are refering to. Is this an L-jet? What size motor? What year? Racing 914? Tell us more, please.
Mueller
huh??

not sure what you are describing....is this a 1.8?

sorta sounds like you want the tube that goes from the throttle body to the air flow meter

the only hose(s) that go to the Fuel injector(s) are about 8mm in diameter...
Reiche
Mueller is right, and from the part # you gave, it sounds like a 1.8. If it's S-shaped, it's a 1.8. If it's U-shaped, it's a 1.7.
Allan
Heater hose? IPB Image
Dave_Darling
If you still have your old (presumably broken or leaking) one, you may be able to repair it with "shoe goo" or rubber cement and parts of a tire inner-tube...

--DD
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jan 27 2005, 07:27 PM)
Heater hose? IPB Image

That's what I was thinking. Blower motor hose?
kart54
Hi All,
Thanks for the input. It is the S shaped hose from the throttle body to the air flow meter. Mine is cracked in every direction you look and is non-repairable even with shoe goo or something similar.
The car was an ebay find. The kid that had it had no idea what he had. It was in Pleasanton, CA.
It was raced in SCCA in California and NASA pro racing. I am still trying to get information on it. I believe it may have been owned by a Jon Smaker in Brentwood from receipts I found. It is white with a checkered flag stripe down the center and is number 58.
It's got fiberglass flairs, bumpers, hood and decklid, Rear spoiler, 6 point roll cage with nascar door bars, body stiffening kit, wheels converted to 5 lug rotors with brembro brakes and drilled rotors, adjustable coilover Koni's on the rear and adjustable Koni's on the front. All suspension parts appear to have been recently powder coated. Dont know anything about what torsion bars may be on it. Don't know the # on the rear springs, they are the light blue Koni's. Cockpit adjustable brake bias. Kirkey road racing seat. 911 rims with racing slicks, 23 inch in the rear, wheel spacers to make this set up work. Engine appears to have been worked but wont know for sure until I get this part. Crane 700 ignition with adjustable revlimiter. Headers with supertrapp muffler. Dash is all aluminum. Lexan windshield. I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting.
I hope to run it in SCCA schools by February if all goes as planned (does it ever?).
Looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully, not asking to many stupid questions. I've had Jensen Healeys for years but this is my first Porsche.
Randy
Mueller
yep...a few of us have seen the car

let me look in my parts drawer, I might have the tube you need....if you rebuild the engine, can you convert to aftermarket FI? I know for ITD (??), you can now run aftermarket FI, this can be done for less than $500....nothing wrong with the L-Jet, but it has it's limitations for modified motors.........

ebay racer

IPB Image
Trekkor
I like it IPB Image

Welcome to 914 land.

KT
r_towle
I might have that hose, post a pic....I have a complete lejet motor in a car, just dont know WTF you are talking about....any pic would help, possibly a diagram would be good if someone could post that...

If you cant find it let me know and I will go dig around in this car to see what is there.

Rich
DJsRepS
Did you guys see the size of that rear wheel flare thing it looks bolted on. Must be a tublar rear end ??
SLITS
Rear flares are attached with Dutz fastners....common in race cars for fast removal of body panels, air dams, etc.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.