Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nuts, Bolts, Hardware, great selection and prices
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
You can buy nuts, bolts & hardware at discount prices at https://www.boltdepot.com/Catalog.aspx

Buy in bulk and sell bolt kits to you 914 friends. biggrin.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 27 2014, 08:48 AM) *

You can buy nuts, bolts & hardware at discount prices at https://www.boltdepot.com/Catalog.aspx

Buy in bulk and sell bolt kits to you 914 friends. biggrin.gif

Another good source is belmetric.com
.Hard to find metric bolts in yellow zinc.
Bruce
Mikey914
If you guys have specific requests I will stock some of the hardware so it can be combined with any of your 914rubber orders saving you some shipping.
Chris H.
w00t.gif

Say What? (click link or it's not as funny)

That's actually a pretty cool site!
patssle
Maybe we should have a thread or area for people trading misc nuts/bolts and things? Those that buy in bulk can offer what they have. I know I would appreciate it...I keep coming across little parts I need that I definitely don't want to purchase from the usual retailers. Such as...I need 2 emergency brake cable clips....but there's no reason I should pay $5 each plus $5 or $10 for shipping when it should be 99 cents and costs a stamp to mail them.
mapguy
Both good sites! Bookmarked.
AvalonFal
QUOTE(patssle @ Sep 27 2014, 12:55 PM) *

Maybe we should have a thread or area for people trading misc nuts/bolts and things? Those that buy in bulk can offer what they have. I know I would appreciate it...I keep coming across little parts I need that I definitely don't want to purchase from the usual retailers. Such as...I need 2 emergency brake cable clips....but there's no reason I should pay $5 each plus $5 or $10 for shipping when it should be 99 cents and costs a stamp to mail them.

agree.gif
Shipping is the killer on these small parts.

Paul
gereed75
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 27 2014, 12:26 PM) *

If you guys have specific requests I will stock some of the hardware so it can be combined with any of your 914rubber orders saving you some shipping.

i would definitely be interested in a "typical sizes" kit - bunches of 10mm in variety of lengths plus some 12 and 13 with an assortment of nuts.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Sep 27 2014, 02:28 PM914ost=)

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 27 2014, 12:26 PM) *

i would definitely be interested in a "typical sizes" kit - bunches of 10mm in variety of lengths plus some 12 and 13 with an assortment of nuts.

There's not a lot of m10, 12, or 13 bolts on a 914. Unless you are talking wrench sizes.
whatabout1
I use boltDepot allot. Stainless for the boat restore mostly.

Yep, shipping is big for small orders !
Dr Evil
I buy 13mm and 10mm stainless nuts, washers, lock washers in batches of 1000 for transmission work and clinics. I can break up the batches if people need some.
Cap'n Krusty
Again, not that anybody EVER listens to those of us who know hardware (see post # 9 above), hardware is classified by thread diameter, NOT wrench size. I suspect none of you have EVER seen a 13mm bolt. In fact, there may not even be a 13mm bolt, much less nuts to fit it.

The Cap'n
quadracerx
I was just looking at the website" boltdepot.com" wondering if what we use on our 914s is considered "course" or "fine" thread. I am pretty sure we use fine thread?

Im looking to buy one of their metric assortments but they only list "course" thread?

I know it sounds stupid of me not to know this...

Thanks...

Steve
quadracerx
I was just looking at the website" boltdepot.com" wondering if what we use on our 914s is considered "course" or "fine" thread. I am pretty sure we use fine thread?

Im looking to buy one of their metric assortments but they only list "course" thread?

Thanks...

Steve
bdstone914
QUOTE(quadracerx @ Sep 29 2014, 03:13 PM) *

Thanks...

Steve

Most of the 914 bolts are course thread. It you look them up in PET it often gives that info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.