Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motor alignment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
This is one of those dumb questions, but here goes anyway.

On my car the clearance between the left inner rear fender to the tire sidewall is maybe 3/8 of an inch smaller than the right side.

My question is if there is side to side movement to move the motor / trans axle side to side?

If not, I know this car has not be in any major accidents - I've dealt with cars that have had structure damage in the past and that is not the case here and I'm curious if there is something to bring it more in line?

BTW - car drives straight as an arrow - no pulling - no shimmy - smooth as silk. All suspension replaced / rebuilt.

Thanks,

Len
mepstein
The motor doesn't determine the fender clearance. Alignment and the fact that these were hand built cars will affect the fender clearance. If everything works ok, then great. If you have a rusty passenger side console, the passenger tire will start to lean in.
lsintampa
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 27 2014, 01:26 PM) *

The motor doesn't determine the fender clearance. Alignment and the fact that these were hand hilt cars will affect the fender clearance. If everything works ok, then great. If you have a rusty passenger side console, the passenger tore will start to lean in.

rust is non issue - car is very solid

thanks!!

76-914
That's par for the course. You don't notice it until you put wider tires on.
Porschef
In the same vein, what about side to side and how it affects the seals hooking on to the tins?

Do I need the big ass pry bar?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.