Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AutoAtlanta
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
02loftsmoor
I was on a business trip in the Atlanta area this week. I had a couple of hours before my flight, I dropped in on AutoAtlanta. met with Drew in parts and Shawn the manager. They gave me the red carpet tour. WOW they have a lot of parts on the shelf ready to ship. and they even offered pizza for lunch, met the rest of the crew, Spencer, parts and Josh, tech. thanks for spending time with me. bye1.gif

Wes

I also spied an orange 914 heading north on I75, I think on Monday
Drums66
Yaaa......George has quite a collection! popcorn[1].gif
bye1.gif
76-914
What a coincidence. They gave me the Red Ass, once. lol-2.gif
EdwardBlume
Cool!
bandjoey
Do a search here for AA and read the reviews before u place an order. Some very positive and some very negative. You decide. He does have a great collection of special cars. Glad u enjoyed the tour. Ripper (world member) worked there for a while and can give better insite about the sales situation. Did you meet George?

scotty b
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 27 2014, 03:09 PM) *

Do a search here for AA and read the reviews before u place an order. Some very positive and some very negative. You decide. He does have a great collection of special cars. Glad u enjoyed the tour. Ripper (world member) worked there for a while and can give better insite about the sales situation. Did you meet George?

Ripper has been pitching his book to some Hollywierd producers. We might have a full blown trilogy soon smile.gif
worn
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 27 2014, 03:09 PM) *

Too harsh! A lot of people buy lottery tickets and grab bag chances, so why should A.A. be held to a higher standard? My favorite was the request to send the part that wasn't mine to the intended receiver, who had placed the order. Now, you cannot go anywhere and buy into a story like that, now can you?
ripper911
hide.gif
DBCooper
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Sep 27 2014, 07:12 PM) *

hide.gif

ha ha. Ripper, I don't know you but you're OK. Your ex-employer no, but you yes.

ripper911
agree.gif
ripper911
I just typed out a long post about this, but I deleted it.

You should have gotten pictures of the cars in the enclosure, he has some really nice 914's ( and 916).

I will say that I worked there for over a year recently, but it is not my normal occupation. I wasn't being paid much and just doing it for fun, so I wasn't going to take much shit. I ended up walking out on him, but there are no hard feelings and I won't say anything bad about him personally.
JawjaPorsche
I have placed several orders with AA and have never had a problem with one. Just saying.

I had to order tranny drive output seals and the salesman when out back and asked one of the mechanics which was the correct one just to make sure.
mdelwiche
I have bought several items from them for my current build (items I could sources from vendors here or Pelican) and had no issues from them. Twice I did receive the wrong items (misc hardware etc...), but they were quick send me out the the correct items when I called them. I spoke to George several times during and he was really helpful as well.

I have read a lot of negative press about this place, but my experience has been good with them so far.
scotty b
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Sep 27 2014, 07:43 PM) *

I just typed out a long post about this, but I deleted it.

You should have gotten pictures of the cars in the enclosure, he has some really nice 914's ( and 916).

I will say that I worked there for over a year recently, but it is not my normal occupation. I wasn't being paid much and just doing it for fun, so I wasn't going to take much shit. I ended up walking out on him, but there are no hard feelings and I won't say anything bad about him personally.

hence the movie deal thumb3d.gif
Wdunster
I was disapointed he declined participation at Okteenerfest. Missed a good opportunity to help the image among the 914 community.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(mdelwiche @ Sep 28 2014, 11:54 AM) *

I have bought several items from them for my current build (items I could sources from vendors here or Pelican) and had no issues from them. Twice I did receive the wrong items (misc hardware etc...), but they were quick send me out the the correct items when I called them. I spoke to George several times during and he was really helpful as well.

I have read a lot of negative press about this place, but my experience has been good with them so far.

How is this even logical??? blink.gif
DBCooper
I think everyone has good experiences with AA... until they have a bad one. And then they can be memorably bad. Any business can make a mistake, that's understandable, but the deciding factor is how the business handles it when it's brought to their attention. Personally I find being blamed for the mistake that the business made, and then being insulted for bringing it up, is unacceptable. But that's just me. You might even enjoy that experience.... who knows?

injunmort
my experience has always been positive with aa, as with all the vendors on this site. if I have a gripe its from dealing with pelican for bmw parts, they are slow to ship. that may be because I am in ny and they are in cal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.