Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
What would be a god way to cover my /6 fan unit? I also want to paint the shroud, but wans't sure what would be best. Pretty much just have to paint/clean everything and then put it together and put it in. I rebuilt my whole CIS today and it was nice and easy and went together perfectly IPB Image
xsboost90
what to paint it with? I would do basecoat clearcoat myself but heck anything would work, you thinking spray can or perfect?
skline
So why would you curse yourself? If it went together perfectly that is a curse that it wont work right. IPB Image
Dr Evil
Scott,
Secretly I am expecting a crap load of problems with it. This way I will be right no matter what the out come. I will also be less pissed off when something goes wrong. (PMO=Positive Mental Outlook)

I guess that High temp paint would work well then. I would love to get it chrome plated, but I am not the rich guy.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jan 27 2005, 09:49 PM)
Scott,
Secretly I am expecting a crap load of problems with it. This way I will be right no matter what the out come. I will also be less pissed off when something goes wrong. (PMO=Positive Mental Outlook)

I guess that High temp paint would work well then. I would love to get it chrome plated, but I am not the rich guy.

paint it car color or....in your case...... primer! IPB Image see ya tommorrow
Dr Evil
Aaron, tomarrow is Fri, not Sat....wattayatalkinabout? Leave the back pad if it is like you say, I'll take everything else. I have no idea about traffic. Stay a while IPB Image I"ll give you beer IPB Image
Aaron Cox
friday is indeed tomorrow....is that still good?
Dr Evil
Sure, but you are crazy as traffic starts at 7am and ends about 7pm. Bring a sleeping bag IPB Image Bring a camera tooa s mine sucks and I have an engine to shoot.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jan 27 2005, 10:05 PM)
Sure, but you are crazy as traffic starts at 7am and ends about 7pm. Bring a sleeping bag IPB Image Bring a camera tooa s mine sucks and I have an engine to shoot.

i aint got a camera.... but, if traffic truelly sucks that bad, il crash on your couch or crash at my uncs house in carlsbad. im up for some working IPB Image

i got your addy - PM me your phone number so i can call you when im close. I may make a trip to tarett in poway.
scotty914
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jan 27 2005, 09:05 PM)
.... and I have an engine to shoot.

i would recommend a 45 acp, should punch right through the al, and not bounce back like a 9 mm might

ps you still coming out here this coming week
Dr Evil
You know it, Scott. I am flying out on this Sun and will be up for hanging sometime after 5pm on Mon. I'll be bringing your number. I wish that I could see your car.
J P Stein
I used engine enamel for the fan case & shroud. It's holding up fine, thanks.......you get a pic IPB Image
It'd be a shame to cover this with all that CIS stuff, eh? IPB Image
SpecialK
JP - I'll bet you've spent hours checking out your "6" IPB Image

I know I would.......... IPB Image ..........easy now, I'm talkin' about your engine! IPB Image
J P Stein
I always check my 6. Ya never know who's gaining on you.....an old fart's disease, I guess.

Oh, that 6 ....actually 8 but who measures IPB Image

Oh, the motor....sure is gettin' dirty, eh?

I have trouble keepin' up these days.....being an old fart & all.
SpecialK
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jan 28 2005, 02:02 AM)
I always check my 6. Ya never know who's gaining on you.....an old fart's disease, I guess.

Oh, that 6 ....actually 8 but who measures IPB Image

Oh, the motor....sure is gettin' dirty, eh?

I have trouble keepin' up these days.....being an old fart & all.

IPB Image

They make a pill for that...sounds like you could use a little octane booster IPB Image IPB Image
Steve Thacker
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jan 28 2005, 05:27 AM)
I used engine enamel for the fan case & shroud. It's holding up fine, thanks.......you get a pic IPB Image

Damn JP!
You had to post that huh?. Beautiful .....simply beautiful.
I just grew big wood... Hubba Hubba Baby! IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

CIS?.... are you nuts? Leave that masterpiece alone man!
Jeroen
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jan 28 2005, 06:49 AM)
I would love to get it chrome plated, but I am not the rich guy.

Bling IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
redshift
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jan 28 2005, 05:27 AM)

OH MY GOD JP YOUR SHIT DON'T STINK! That is fantabulously tastifablically!

I am going to cry now.

M
Dr Evil
JP, thats likely what I will be doing.

Jeroen ,
How much..HOW MUCH!? Probably more thatn I can afford. I wonder how much more it weighs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.