Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior light wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Philw
Hi there I'm in the process of getting my '74 2:0 litre back together after many years in bits after hell hole repair etc. and thought I'd try get the interior back together as it should be easy compared to the suspension... First mistake! Anyway I'm in the process of reinstalling the rear cushion to the bulkhead behind the seats, and can't find my interior light, (suspect it got lost in my garage rebuild which happened whilst the 914 was largely in boxes)!nor identify the wiring for it from the connectors I can see. Does anyone have any pictures or help they could offer as to where the interior light connects to? I can see the seat belt connectors and wonder if one of the vacant set of plugs on these is the solution. I can post a picture if it helps! I'll need to source replacement does anyone know if this is a generic VW/Porsche part or specific to the 914? I'm UK based and have had good luck with some generic parts from my local Porsche dealer in the past....
Thanks in advance.
Phil
etcmss
I found this link to a 74 fuse list that could help some. Fuse 11 is to the interior light.
http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zTN_Elect_FuseIndex.jpg

the interior light switch has a red/black striped wire to one side, a brown/white striped wire and a brown ground wire--I think there were two brown wires.
look around your center tunnel/cockpit for a set of about 3 (4?) wires that will reach to the area.
I found a 74 wiring diagram and verified this arrangement.
Gary
etcmss
attached 74 diagram print rotate tape
cary
It would be hard to loose. Seems like they're about 10 feet long.
The brown is a double. Follow Gary's info on the other two.

I have my 73 stripped to all but the harness. I don't think it disconnects.
Philw
QUOTE(cary @ Sep 29 2014, 01:09 PM) *

It would be hard to loose. Seems like they're about 10 feet long.
The brown is a double. Follow Gary's info on the other two.

I have my 73 stripped to all but the harness. I don't think it disconnects.

Thanks both, looks like it may be a PO "modification" ....... sad.gif With this info though I can rewire.
cary
If you have trouble. I have a 74 without an interior at my shop so I can track them down for you. But I won't be out there till Thursday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.