Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any interest in Carrera RS style floormats?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
'73-914kid
I came across a few early 911R's and RS's and noticed that a lot of them have a ribber rubber floormat in them. The ribs run front to back, as opposed to 356 and 65/66 911's with the ribs running side to side. I cut a set for my car, and really like the look and durability of them.

Would there be any interest in purchasing a set by 914 owners? I can cut them in early or late car styles, with or without the mounting holes at the back, and can even include snaps that allow them to be snapped into place. Pretty much however anyone wants them

I've been running a set for the past month and they're really nice for people who may spill coffee, water, crumbs, or get dirt in their car as when they get dirty, you simply remove them and rinse them off with a hose.

From a price standpoint, I'm not sure yet, but they will be significantly cheaper than any Lloyds, or Coco mats.

Any interest?
JmuRiz
Take some pictures, I never thought about that look.

My 356 has the rubber mat, but has coco mats over them.
Scott S
Lowes used to carry rolls of a near perfect match for the rubber floors - maybe just a touch thin. I made several sets for my old car. As ai recall is was only $2-3.00 a linear foot.

Love that look.
SixerJ
I've always loved the look & 914-6 GT Spare Parts Manual lists them (if anyone wants it in PDF PM me)

Just checked pbase photos and Armano doesn't have any pictures in his GT factory parts area, just the felt carpet

If the rib style is correct, I'd be potentially interested in a set for a my 914-6 GT conversion. I bet some of the other GT guys might be interested if you could come up with an accurate copy

rhodyguy
Commercial carpet runner bottom side up.
SixerJ
QUOTE(SixerJ @ Sep 29 2014, 09:13 PM) *

I've always loved the look & 914-6 GT Spare Parts Manual lists them (if anyone wants it in PDF PM me)

Just checked pbase photos and Armano doesn't have any pictures in his GT factory parts area, just the felt carpet

If the rib style is correct, I'd be potentially interested in a set for a my 914-6 GT conversion. I bet some of the other GT guys might be interested if you could come up with an accurate copy

Just did some more checking, picture of the Alfa GT here; http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/image/26886350
Mikey914
Interesting I've never seen these before.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.