Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need reflection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
karmanbuilt
Hi all....have a rear "PORSCHE" reflector that I had sitting around for years and finally decided to put it on the car. Only problem is that some of the reflector coating has come off, leaving clear spots among the lettering. Question: anybody know where to get the reflector coating, as replacement of these lens are pretty spendy? Tried filling in the back side of the lens with some paint that I have, but made clear spots dark. TIA
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(karmanbuilt @ Sep 29 2014, 07:28 PM) *

Hi all....have a rear "PORSCHE" reflector that I had sitting around for years and finally decided to put it on the car. Only problem is that some of the reflector coating has come off, leaving clear spots among the lettering. Question: anybody know where to get the reflector coating, as replacement of these lens are pretty spendy? Tried filling in the back side of the lens with some paint that I have, but made clear spots dark. TIA

I had one along time ago that I was able to strip all the back paint off. Then I painted the raised letters and the outside trim black by hand and the rest with chrome paint. It looked great when I was done but it was not "perfect"!

Here is a photo.
rjames
IMHO, if you haven't drilled the holes yet to install it, I'd leave it off. They were never a stock item and most were cut down 911 reflectors. I have one on mine that the PO installed, but will be taking it off if I ever get around to body work and a new paint job.
Jeffs9146
agree.gif

Mine had the holes so I had to do something!
ben*james
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Sep 30 2014, 02:19 PM) *

agree.gif

Mine had the holes so I had to do something!

agree.gif agree.gif
Mine came with the holes and....the reflector. It's not a bad look, don't get me wrong. But, the factory did not set them up that way.

Now if I could get a reflector that said NARP.....I'd love it.
karmanbuilt
Thanks for the feedback guys......will still attempt to go forward. Jeffs9146, sending you a PM.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(karmanbuilt @ Sep 30 2014, 08:38 PM) *

Thanks for the feedback guys......will still attempt to go forward. Jeffs9146, sending you a PM.

PM Replied!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.