Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Desperately looking for a rear drop link
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
coupelover
I'm a new 914 owner and one of my factory rear drop links is missing. Checked with all the big players in the 914 parts market and they are NLA. Rummaging through the Porsche salvage yards across the country now. I can't be the only one needing one. It looks like when the bushings fail, these puppies should be flying off all over the place.
JoeSharp
I think I have one but I have to look .
Welcome to the madness.
ConeDodger
I have something that will work. They are BMW but they work...
JRust
If they don't get you covered I should have one around somewhere. Let me know if you don't find one smile.gif
stugray

What are these?
IPB Image
Dave_Darling
Those are aftermarket.

The OEM rear drop-links are a stick with a loop on each end. 0===0

A plastic bushing goes in the loop on the end, and the bushing (which is cup-shaped) goes over the ball on the bottom shock bolt and the ball on the end of the sway bar.

--DD
dlkawashima
Click to view attachment
bdstone914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 30 2014, 04:03 PM) *

I have something that will work. They are BMW but they work...

Rob
If those are the ones I sold you they will have to be used as a pair as they are slightly different length than the 914 links.
Bruce
coupelover
Thanks for the feedback. I'll follow up on the two options (B<W and other). Forums like these help control the madness and make ownership experience so much better.
maf914
QUOTE(stugray @ Sep 30 2014, 04:01 PM) *

What are these?

I agree with Dave, after market. In fact, to me, they look like ADDCO Sway Bar brand components. I put a pair of ADDCO sway bars on my previous 1992 Nissan hardbody pickup, along with a set of Tokico shocks. What an improvement! It handled like a 914! laugh.gif
SA-914
I got sway bar drop links from member rdauenhauer.
JoeSharp
I really dislike doing this by cell phone.
Addy please.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.