Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: state by state contact list?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
I was thingking about possibly having a page listing each state, where you click on that state,page opens displaying counties (alphabetically) with members willing to check on cars for out of state buyers. just a thought after noticing how many people are looking at long distance purchases,and only have some selected pictures for reference. IPB Image
seanery
we've tried, but since the location field is different for everyone...I mean I put Indy, others put Upstate, NY....there is no standard, so sorting that isn't too helpful. Some folks don't even put their location.

A year ago or so I wanted to locate all of the Indiana guys and we couldn't do it.
scotty b
I was thinkgin more like a specific county or close metropolis ie. Richmond, Chicago,Tampa Bay, but not as specific as a mailing address such as Moseley,which is my area but I would be considerd Richmond in the list. This way people could figure out where you are in location to a specific vehicle,or breakdown! IPB Image Just a thought anywhoo IPB Image
ws91420
The closest thing is the emergency contact list available by snail mail only. The best thing is to post a message on the board and see if you can get a response.
dakotaewing
QUOTE(seanery @ Jan 28 2005, 11:17 AM) *

we've tried, but since the location field is different for everyone...I mean I put Indy, others put Upstate, NY....there is no standard, so sorting that isn't too helpful. Some folks don't even put their location.

A year ago or so I wanted to locate all of the Indiana guys and we couldn't do it.

Sean -
One way to address this is to make a mandory field for the posters location -
So - If you do not fill out your city and state in the location field, you cannot log on to the forum as a known user - only a guest... I know this is a little user unfriendly for the board, in regard to individual users, but it benfits the entire board in general...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.