Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Way to handle front-end damage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
Do you think it would be Cheaper to fix (i dunno how, but its going to be pro done) or find a new front-end for my beloved daily driver 74 914 2.0L? If you need pic, see Wreck post on page 2.
Eric_Shea
Here's a link to it...

It really depends on how far back it's pushed in. From the looks of it you'll need:

Pan
Front Bulkhead
Passengers Fender
Hood
Headlight Bucket and probably a bit more...

After doing a "ton" of metal work on various 914's I think it would be much easier for you to call Parts Heaven ot High Performance House and find a front clip. There wouldn't be the standard tell-tale signs of a good front end whack either. You could graft it in under the gas tank area etc. You could probably find a clip within your budget but then you need to get it shipped (unless you're local there... I didn't notice). Gint could probably chime in here. I think he had a car that was hit and had reservations afterward about not slapping a front clip on it.

Next, that's a bit of time and money for a good welder unless you and Dad are planning on tackling that. If so... measure, measure, measure, measure, measure, measure, measure, measure, measure, measure, measure, measure, measure, measure, measure, measure, measure, measure, measure, measure, measure, measure. Then tack and measure some more.

Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.