Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hallett Speedway, OK.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eyesright
I just found out that this is PCA weekend at Hallett!!! And I'm stuck helping with a baby shower! I don't have to participate, just run the errands! Ahh, well, PCA probably wouldn't let me in with my 914 anyway.

BUT!...next weekend is CVAR and I'll be there for one day for sure. Anybody else?
eyesright
It was a chilly, grey day at Hallett today. There were very few spectators watching the pre '72 Camaros and Mustangs with a single 'vette and 911 chasing them, Formula Fords and Formula Vees, MG's and Sprites.

I parked in the spectator's area....primo parking facilities, huh? (Hallett is hardcore!)

Click to view attachment

I got out for the "sissy lap" at noon behind a '74 Alfa pace car.

Click to view attachment
eyesright
There was one 914-4 chasing the MG's and Sprites. This is post race.

Click to view attachment

And there was this good looking 914 cousin.

Click to view attachment

I hope to make it to Zim's parking lot gathering in Dallas next Saturday. Ciao.
eyesright
P.S. These Formula Vee's have GOT to be a blast!!! Maybe in my next life.

Click to view attachment
jt914-6
Because of my location Hallett is my "home" track. Ok Memphis is closer but it's flat and a fun track though. I have in the past instructed DE's for the PCA many times at Hallett. The track is older and has lots of history. Elevation changes and challenging turns plus it can be run in either direction. Let's not forget the famous "Bitch" turn. Several of my students have gone on to become PCA Club racers. One went on to race in IMSA. There are several people on "The 914 World" who know about the track. Lots of fond memories, friends made, and miles for me on the track there. They have DE's there the first weekend in May and Oct. as well as Club Racing in Oct. too. I have a friend who did really well in the spec Boxter class this year with the year ending race the first weekend in Oct. If you get the chance check out the track.

http://www.hallettracing.net/

A pic of my former 914-6 3.0 with the famous "Bitch" turn in the back ground.

Click to view attachment
old914dog
Sunday, the 914 went through the pack to win.
d914
Visited , once/if I get my car done that will become my home track.. looks fun..

g
MJHanna
QUOTE(eyesright @ Oct 11 2014, 08:28 PM) *

There was one 914-4 chasing the MG's and Sprites. This is post race.

Click to view attachment

And there was this good looking 914 cousin.

Click to view attachment

I hope to make it to Zim's parking lot gathering in Dallas next Saturday. Ciao.

This was a CVAR race, not a PCA race.
The 914 is a well set up car was running in group 7 with the 911s with a six in it. I looked at so that I could pull my 911 off the the track, but he sold all the 6 conversion parts. Looks like Mike Floyd bought it. The 911 is Jim Collier car, it was Ron Shades 911 , who died in that car at Hallet a couple of years ago, there is a bench at Hallet in honor of Ron....
I did not make it thanks to alfa headbang.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX8r5ZyHvGw
maxwelj
I was there Sunday as well. That 914 won the heat that I watched going away. Much better than the other 4s I've seen there, but there was a competing event in texas somewhere that kept the attendance down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.