Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I backward?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
martinef1963
I took the heater hose from the engine compartment out, passenger side, plugged both holes with air conditioning aluminum tape, I also took out the heater hose that is connected to the flapper.

Have both hoses connected on the passenger side. HOWEVER, when I pull the red lever and move the window defogger control lever to the right I only get hot air from the passenger side????? IPB Image

How can this be? Any suggestions out there?

thanks IPB Image
martinef1963
CORRECTION - I have the hoses hooked up on the DRIVER's side.

thanks,
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (martinef1963 @ Jan 28 2005, 11:19 AM)
CORRECTION - I have the hoses hooked up on the DRIVER's side.

thanks,

Dang I read it three times trying to figure out left from right.

If your defrost slector is all the way to the right (top lever) you basically have connected the tubing through to the other side.
There may be a broken push / pull wire on the drivers side preventing that flapper from opening.
If you want just defrost on the drivers side then remove the passenger side hose from the fresh air box passenger side and tape the hole shut.
rhodyguy
i'm totaly confused. is just the hose from the h.e. to body removed or is the flapper removed too. my 73', the dash controls- the 2 upper levers control the mix of the outside (fresh) air and the heated air. all the way to the left is heated air, all the way to the right and it's all fresh air. the bottom (red) lever directs heated air to either the windshield defrost vents(all the wat to the right) or the 2 vents on the bottom side of the dash(all the way to the left).

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.