Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cars and coffe this AM in Scottsdale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SKL1
Big turnout this AM, with everything from a Veyron to some hideous RR convertible with 28's that must belong to a rapper... the detail work on the Veyron was unbelieveable, especially the rear wing assembly.

Several nice 914's- parked next to a nice orange one which is parked next to a real blue 6 which is beautiful.

Saw a 6 conversion which said 3.2- No front oil cooler! Never saw the owner but wondered how that is possible especially in AZ!!

It's great to see nice 914's show up at events like this. Can't wait to get my '73 down there next spring to add to the line up!!

And some weird 914 "race car" with chopped top in Gulf colours- started life as a '70 1.7 and still had the original engine with carbs... Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=469
659] Click to view attachment
Sleepin
Was the 3.2 Yellow? Might have been Wills. Cooler is above the transmission.
SKL1
yep it was yellow- didn't catch the plate...
Johns914
Yeah that was a lot of fun. It was a great morning to get the little orange car out and share with everybody beerchug.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Oct 4 2014, 08:09 PM) *

Big turnout this AM, with everything from a Veyron to some hideous RR convertible with 28's that must belong to a rapper... the detail work on the Veyron was unbelieveable, especially the rear wing assembly.

Several nice 914's- parked next to a nice orange one which is parked next to a real blue 6 which is beautiful.

Saw a 6 conversion which said 3.2- No front oil cooler! Never saw the owner but wondered how that is possible especially in AZ!!

That was me :-) Sorry I missed you!

And not to pick nits....but that Rolls had 30's. I triple checked! screwy.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Johns914 @ Oct 6 2014, 01:15 PM) *

Yeah that was a lot of fun. It was a great morning to get the little orange car out and share with everybody beerchug.gif

I saw your car but you weren't around at the time. Went back to check again and you were gone. Sorry I missed you.
SKL1
pm sent MoveQik... Johns914 must be the one parked next to me. Yeah I know I didn't bring the 914...
michael7810
Hope to see you next month, Nov 1st at oh-dark-thirty. And if anyone is in for DE, see you on Nov 8th at Wild Horse Pass (aka Firebird).
Johns914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Oct 6 2014, 02:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Johns914 @ Oct 6 2014, 01:15 PM) *

I saw your car but you weren't around at the time. Went back to check again and you were gone. Sorry I missed you.

Yeah I had to run out before the end. But did get a few miles on the car that day running errands and it ran great. Looking forward to the rest of the good weather and getting the car out this year. As a matter of fact the wife and I are planning on taking it on the Route 66 Fun Run.
SKL1
Once I get the 914 down to AZ and running (and aligned!!) the Route 66 trip looks like a definite!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.