Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Basketweave
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Johny Blackstain
Recently, I can't remember what thread it was, one of us posted a picture of the inside of his teener- it was a dark brown interior & he'd managed to recover his dash face in matching dark brown basketweave. I believe his caption was "as it should have come from the factory". I thought it looked very cool & it got me thinking. Basketweave dash face vinyl is available by the roll from several vendors, in the stock color. Is there a source for alternate colors?
Johny Blackstain
Found it- rgolia sprayed his brown to match. Still wondering if someone makes the stuff, both early & late styles, in different colors. Can't imagine what white would look like in a white interior, or one of the tartans huh.gif
anderssj
Click to view attachment

I re-did my dash in late 1974 after a summer at Luke AFB AZ melted the glue behind the original black material. The car has been a slowly unfolding project ever since.

FWIW, the tan basketweave was from a broken door panel I found in a local yard. HAven't seen one of those in years.

Hope this helps.

Steve A-
Johny Blackstain
Yes it does, thanks. I also had the same thought regarding a source of the right basketweave. Seems a shame to cut up a door like that but I do like the look. Nice to see it in tan/cinnamon.
Mikey914
I have the tan, the white and the black in late. and the black in early.
Mark
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 7 2014, 12:17 PM) *

I have the tan, the white and the black in late. and the black in early.
Mark

w00t.gif pm sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.