Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muffler possibilities
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Next
So my new to me '73 2.0 had a NOS Leistritz muffler put on it in 1996. Its in great condition but I'm thinking I might want to put something on that is a little meatier sounding. And since I'm not in love with the original sound anyway, seems like it might be good to take the original muffler off and keep it.

So the question is, what are the best quality mufflers available that also have a healthy burble. I think I've heard there is someone building custom mufflers that sound great? Not looking for loud droning mufflers but would like something that just excites a bit more than the original.

Recommendations?
914Next
QUOTE(messix @ Oct 6 2014, 10:17 PM) *

Thanks. Looks like dual outlet. I want to keep the stock valence on it. I assume that this would not work with the muffler you mention.
messix
vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro7RmLcl1xQ
messix
you can get it to "hide" the other side and keep the valence as is.

give dave a call
messix
see post 16 here http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=238046&hl=
914Next
QUOTE(messix @ Oct 6 2014, 10:23 PM) *

you can get it to "hide" the other side and keep the valence as is.

give dave a call

Thanks. Sounds like a possibility. Maybe I'll give Dave a call.
mapguy
I might be interested in the Leistritz if you fall in love with the new muffler and decide you want to get rid of the old one.
914Next
QUOTE(mapguy @ Oct 7 2014, 02:15 AM) *

I might be interested in the Leistritz if you fall in love with the new muffler and decide you want to get rid of the old one.

Thanks but I will keep the original muffler. Want to keep the car entirely stock except for a couple things like this that I can change easily but also improve the driving pleasure.
914Next
Looks like Triad may be the solution. Will call Dave and get it ordered.
Johny Blackstain
I use a Bursch tuned exhaust on my 2.0 not because it flows better that stock, but because it's 15 lbs. lighter than my stock "Dansk" banana. Sounds decent too. I keep my Dansk in the attic above the garage if I need it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.