Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacume Hoses and Fuel Lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rhodes71/914
For my 75 2L D-jet.

Does any one know if a complete kit is available for all the vac hoses in the correct length, I read in a old thread that AA had them but their online cat. doesn't show.

Also on Pelicans tech info they show that 176" of 12mm ID vac hose is needed, that's almost 15 feet IPB Image seems like a lot.

For fuel hose do I have to use high pressure hose? Regular fuel line that I have is rated to 50psi and the D-jet runs around 30psi. Please enlighten me.
Allan
I'm very interested in this as well. I believe that buying by the foot and determining where they go will be the best way. I am not too concerned about the color because I know they will all be black after the first 500 miles.
Rhodes71/914
IPB Image
markb
As far as I know, you can't get much in the way of colors any more. I just did all of the fuel lines & vac hoses on my 72 djet this last week. It did take a lot of the 12mm. I'm lucky that I had a shop to do it in, and most was on hand. And the Cap'n to tell me what was what. If I didn't have the shop, I'd recommend going to your local Bug parts house & buy it there. Get the real german braided hoses, and the proper fuel lines. The PP hose diagram was very helpful, and the factory diagram was a big help too.
DJsRepS
You can get any color you want Baby! Colored heat shrink Tubing not from Raido Shack. My fuel lines are yellow, The FI harness red and black and spiral wrap. The FI pressure port refrigeration brass service vlave, I use an old set of freon gauges to check my pressure.
DJsRepS
Oops I ment red and yellow. The inj boots are large test lead boots.
Bleyseng
Yup, go to a local VW parts house to source the vacuum hose. You shouldn't need 15 ft as you don't have the long hoses for the charcoal canister.
Use only the Porsche High pressure FI hose in the engine compartment. Anything else can't stand the heat!!!and will crack spraying gas onto the hot engine resulting in a fire. Use only the Porsche/VW fuel clamps as they don't crimp the fuel line or more fire can happen.

Geoff IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
Thanks for the input y'all. Guess I'll have to order some more stuff. It's a PITA getting that stuff here, there is no real VW place here besides the dealer and they suck. I'll have to do some more searching, finding the metric sizesf here is not easy.
newdeal2
QUOTE (DJsRepS @ Jan 29 2005, 04:06 AM)
You can get any color you want Baby! Colored heat shrink Tubing not from Raido Shack. My fuel lines are yellow, The FI harness red and black and spiral wrap. The FI pressure port refrigeration brass service vlave, I use an old set of freon gauges to check my pressure.

Why is the fuel rail plugged??
Bleyseng
Order them from GPR, PP, HPH or (gasp)AA. They ALL will sell you the correct parts/hoses. This is one area where it doenst pay to be cheapo.
While you are orderings parts, order a set of fuel injector seals and elbows, then you are set and safe.

Geoff
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Jan 29 2005, 01:27 PM)
Order them from GPR, PP, HPH or (gasp)AA. They ALL will sell you the correct parts/hoses. This is one area where it doenst pay to be cheapo.
While you are orderings parts, order a set of fuel injector seals and elbows, then you are set and safe.

Geoff

Bummer is I just got a package from PP yesterday with all the ignition stuff and various other parts to finish the motor. Thought I could find the hose local.

Oh well overnight shipping wont be that much more, guess PP will get some more of my $, might as well spend enough to use that $20 off web coupon they emailed me.
mattillac
just look at the pp site and it'll be pretty easy to pick out which vacuum hose diameters
you'll need. order an extra foot or so of each. you might as well get some intake runner boots also. have fun putting the boots on. IPB Image do you still have the old vacuum hoses?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.