Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuse box relays
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsaum
Please help ID the relays positions. I'm almost done chasing down all of the non working electrical issues the only two I have left are the fresh air blower and the trunk light. So far I have gotten all of the dash lights working, fog lights and the heater blower. I have checked the universal relays and they're all working good now. I haven't checked the silver square one is it the turn signal / hazard relay? if so it's good.

Thanks,

Jsaum
JeffBowlsby
The silver cube is the high beam/low beam headlight relay.

Check your wiring diagram and compare the wire colors to the relay bases to verify which is which. Its the only sure way.
etcmss
link to fuse panel relay picture. from Jeff's site.
http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zTN_Elect_R...inFusepanel.jpg

3 is turn signal
4 is horn
jsaum
Ok so relay #3 has the black and red wire it should be the fresh air blower relay. If I understand the wiring diagram correctly this wire should supply power to the relay on pin #87. Since the control levers are switching the negative contacts how is the relay engaged? I'll start a new thread on this, chasing down the rest of the circuit.

Thanks,

Jsaum
Dave_Darling
IIRC, that relay always has a ground. The other side of the coil is powered by "switched power" from the ignition switch, so the output of the relay (87) is always hot when the key is on. This power is used for a number of different systems on the car, not just the fresh air blower.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.