Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 with or without gt look
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
El Vikingo Tropical
Hello I'm new her at the forum.

I have tre 914 two 4 cyl and one 6 cyl.

Now one question I'm just making a complete restauration of my 914 6 and my question is should I go for a GT look or straight original look?
I want the car to keep as much value as possible if I'm gone sell it sometime in the future.
I have a hi budget for this car to leave it in a perfect show condition.

Thank you in advance

Jan K
bandjoey
For style - GT. For resale value or a purest - Original. Looks like a big restoration ahead. Lots of help here. What's the status on parts? We have many vendors to help. Bdstone is a good source of used body and hard parts along with others. Keep the pictures coming.
welcome.png
Mark Henry
Canary islands...cool! Are your cars the only 914's there?
Do you live on Tenerife?

welcome.png
El Vikingo Tropical
Hi again!

I live ta Gran Canaria and as the local people always have been car fans we have always have great cars over her.
At the moment it exist 3 original 914/6 on the island.
This is not my first restoration so I knew what I`m in to......
The only question I haven made up yet is if I make a 914/6 original look, a 914/6 just with flairs or a compleat 914Gt replica.
Johny Blackstain
welcome.png You'll get maximum resale value from going back to all original if you can.
Mike Bellis
Keep it original for long term value.
bandjoey
Please add your vin and the other 2 if possible.
El Vikingo Tropical
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Oct 10 2014, 09:17 PM) *

Gustl
QUOTE(El Vikingo Tropical @ Oct 10 2014, 09:22 PM) *

I guess this should be 9141430121 idea.gif

and of course:

welcome.png ... from the continent biggrin.gif

and btw - original is the way to go aktion035.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(El Vikingo Tropical @ Oct 10 2014, 01:22 PM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Oct 10 2014, 09:17 PM) *

You're missing a 0 in your VIN biggrin.gif

I'm guessing it should read: 914.143.0121

Either way, welcome.png

And i agree with the posts above, if resale value is of any concern, go for a fully original car.
If you intend to keep it, then by all means, go for the GT look!
driving.gif
El Vikingo Tropical
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 10 2014, 09:31 PM) *

QUOTE(El Vikingo Tropical @ Oct 10 2014, 09:22 PM) *

I guess this should be 9141430121 idea.gif

and of course:

welcome.png ... from the continent biggrin.gif

and btw - original is the way to go aktion035.gif

Sorry I lost a number it's 914.143.0121 smile.gif
El Vikingo Tropical
The 4702909250 had first a 3.2L motor now a 3.6 carb engine
Cairo94507
Welcome. Being as that is a '71 914-6 and there are darn few of them left, I would stay narrow bodied. That was the minor dilemma I had because when I bought mine I too wanted to go with GT flairs but after thinking about it for few days decided to keep the body as original as possible. Good luck and I look forward to your project pictures.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 11 2014, 06:23 PM) *

... but after thinking about it for few days decided to keep the body as original as possible.

Except for one minor little detail that nobody will probably ever even notice. The color. poke.gif
Chris Pincetich
Oh oh, post some more photos of the blue one! biggrin.gif
Does it have a top?

You can't go wrong making your 914-6 all original again. If it were me, I would have the 14 inch Fuchs wheels for show/concours, then have some 16" Fuchs or custom Fikse wheels for racin around town. beerchug.gif

welcome.png
Mike Bellis
Consider the selling location. Europeans prefer narrow bodies. You may have the only 914's in Africa or the majority. I'm not sure what Africans prefer; wide or narrow.

You can not go wrong with restoring to factory specifications in any market.
El Vikingo Tropical
I'm realy confused about if to go GT or not but I will probably go for the narrow body.
As I alredy have a GT look so I make this one as original as posible.
This car came in a Red metalic (not a race color) I keep that to.
Just one think The Canary island is at the Afrikan coast but it is Spanish Europe. bye1.gif
OllieG
Is it matching numbers?..sorry if missed that. If the engine is original…absolutely no question from my point of view…make it as original as you can if resale value is top priority - no flares. Use a 4cyl car for a GT look, which is what I'm doing.

I had a 6 with flares, sold a while back, it had the original engine - if I still had it, I would have removed the flares to increase it's value. I'd also keep the original colour too..

As much as I love the flared look, I'm sure it would be easier to sell an original 6, top price, without the flares…

Watching with interest... popcorn[1].gif

beerchug.gif
Johny Blackstain
My six has lost it's original engine, lost it's original transmission, was flared, had the passenger floor replaced so the seat is now adjustable & has been repainted @ least 3 times... all before I bought it. It's why I bought it, since someone else had done all these things. If I ever found the original engine, I think I'd have to put her back to narrow fenders, black interior & repaint original Irish green. Fortunately for me I've been unable to find 6405211 & I hope I never do. I already own "a giant paperweight" & do not want another.
carr914
I have Flared a few 6's when they weren't worth what they are now (& it wasn't that long ago!), so I like the Look

But, the Narrow Look has re-appeared to me. #1 the Porsche & 914-6 Economy Scale. #2 The appearance of Re-Pop Flares so a good number of GT Copies/Clones/Replica out there in both -6, -6 Conversion & -4.

I like both, it's your car, do as you please. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.