Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for paint codes for '71 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
stevegm
I am in the process of restoring a '71 914, that was originally Gemini Blue. I am going to return it to the original color. I am looking for paint codes for the color of the wheels (the ones with hubcaps), The color of the engine grill, metal under the engine grill, etc. In other words, all of the colors that are not supposed to be Gemini Blue.

Also, if anyone has any pictures of stock Gemini Blue 914s, I would really appreciate you posting them here. They would really help since I am having a hard time finding photos of original cars in this color, particularly narrow-body cars.
Cuda911
QUOTE(stevegm @ Oct 10 2014, 12:19 PM) *

I am in the process of restoring a '71 914, that was originally Gemini Blue. I am going to return it to the original color. I am looking for paint codes for the color of the wheels (the ones with hubcaps), The color of the engine grill, metal under the engine grill, etc. In other words, all of the colors that are not supposed to be Gemini Blue.

Also, if anyone has any pictures of stock Gemini Blue 914s, I would really appreciate you posting them here. They would really help since I am having a hard time finding photos of original cars in this color, particularly narrow-body cars.

It doesn't have the paint codes, but here's a '72 color brochure showing the Gemini Blue.
stevegm
Thanks. I also need to hunt down the correct interior options (cloth) for 1971. I have hunted some. But, haven't found any yet. If anyone has the interior option information for 1971, I would really appreciate it.
Johny Blackstain
Not sure if this is Gemini Blue, but it's close. It's also 1/18th scale biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.