Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Admins: I have Posting Problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HarveyH
For the past several months I've noticed that when posting I'm not able to add images or emoticons. I seem to remember that at one time new members couldn't add images until they had made a certain number of postings, and while I don't post often I would think I'm long past that.

I've gone over the article on posting pictures in the FAQ's and that is the process I'm actually using. At one time the Preview Post function supposedly made problems with adding images, but I don't use that function at all.

I have the Post Options for Emoticons and Signature enabled, and I've checked my personal preferences and things but I can't find anything that I think would cause this problem. I've tried with the Guided Mode Enabled and Disabled but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

When trying to add a picture I get to the point where I click on the Add Into Post button, but the AttachmentID tag doesn't appear in the composing window.

I'm adding a blank line after this line and then continuing with text. I'll then go back and try and post a picture into the blank line:

I've used the Browse function to upload a picture file, clicked on the Add This Attachment button. I've then made sure the insertion point is in the blank line above and then clicked on the Add Into Post button. After having done this I see no AttachmentID tag and I'm not able to highlight anything in that line that might be hidden text.

Pretty much the same thing with emoticons. I click on the emoticon in the Smilie panel to the left but no tag appears in the composing panel. The headbang smilie should appear at the beginning of this sentence. I've also tried double clicking the emoticon but that doesn't work either.

I usually don't use the Post Icon function but I'm going to use it for this post just to see if it actually works for me or not.

I'm probably missing something, but I can't think of what it might be....

Thanks,
Harvey

HarveyH
It appears that the picture I added was positioned at the bottom of the post rather than at the insertion point. As noted above, no attachmentID tag was shown anywhere in the composing window. The Post Icon worked but the inserted smilie didn't show up...
Harvey
SirAndy
Sounds like you have JavaScript turned OFF in your browser or you're using an old browser that has problems with JavaScript.
idea.gif
HarveyH
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 10 2014, 03:31 PM) *

Sounds like you have JavaScript turned OFF in your browser or you're using an old browser that has problems with JavaScript.
idea.gif

Windows 7 with SP1, IE 11.0.12, Java v7-67, Active Scripts enabled and Java applets enabled. Anything else I need to check??

Thanks,
Harvey
SirAndy
QUOTE(HarveyH @ Oct 10 2014, 12:43 PM) *
Anything else I need to check??

Yes, check for JavaScript, not Java.
While they sound similar, they have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Try a different browser, like Firefox or Chrome and see if that fixes your problem.
idea.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(HarveyH @ Oct 10 2014, 12:43 PM) *
Windows 7 with SP1, IE 11.0.12

Posting this with IE 11.0.12 on Windows 7 for testing ...

biggrin.gif mad.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

first.gif

Adding attachments and similes into the post, seems to work for me.
type.gif
HarveyH
Laptop with Win 8.1, IE 11.0.9600.
Click to view attachment

Photo seems to attach correctly.

beerchug.gif Emoticons also.

I'll have to see what I can find on the other machine about JavaScript.

Thanks for your help,
Harvey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.