Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rock auto parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beeliner
I used Rockauto Parts and received my items quickly, no problems.

They sell a tinted windshield at a very reasonable price. Anyone else familiar with their service?
GermermanCarGuy
What did you spend for your replacement windshield? Did it ship well? Well packages?
Beeliner
I bought different parts, not windshield. Had a good experience.

I used Safelite for the glass and installation: $358..

RockAuto has a windshield that is tinted for $239.. I may need another for my '73, and was looking for member input here....
TargaToy
I've had very good luck with Rockauto.

Cannot say the same for Safelite...and I have friends that say the same, at least in my area of MD.
shoguneagle
Yep! Have purchased parts which are hard to find through other suppliers. Very good service. Have many parts purchased through them for my 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider. Spider is going through a complete parts replacement and necessary parts changes to update the car to current needs.

Steve
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Oct 10 2014, 08:02 PM) *

Yep! Have purchased parts which are hard to find through other suppliers. Very good service. Have many parts purchased through them for my 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider. Spider is going through a complete parts replacement and necessary parts changes to update the car to current needs.

Steve

For your A/R Spider a good Source For Alfa parts:
International Auto Parts, in Va.
Centerline Products, in Co.
Vick Autosports, in Tx.

I work with all 3 and they are all well established +good parts sources.
Marty

Chris914n6
I've bought lots of "other car" parts from Rock Auto and surprisingly Amazon, with smiles.

Windshields depend solely on the shipping company. When I worked at the Nissan dealer it was always freight (oe glass) in a special box and 50% of the time cracked, which they had to pay for. So pull it out and inspect it before signing off on it.

That being said, we have a respected vendor that sells windshields for $200 nationwide.
messix
rock auto = good for me too
RON S.
I have used RockAuto for at least a decade now.

I've have found that they are almost always more cost effective(cheaper) on auto parts, than driving down to the local FLAPS. Even when you factor in the shipping most times. In that I mean, sometimes the cost of the parts, plus the freight, is cheaper than a trip to the FLAPS. You just need the patience to wait 3-4 days for the parts to arrive.

Also, for every part needed for any given car, they'll have multiple brand choices, and prices to choice from based on your wishes. The FLAPS will only generally have the house brand and 1 major brand.

They also, carry parts for cars, made back in the stone age. Their website is a major cross reference for what fits what, if you happen to be going to a Pick-A-Parts for your needs.
After so many orders, they'll start giving you a 5% discount that is a nice thank you from them.
Here's a quick case of RockAuto's value to me.

I needed to do a tuneup on my 993 in my /6. Plugs, caps,rotors, you know.

Bosch twin distributor, 2 caps, 2 rotors.

Bosch rotor (2) at Rock Auto is 20-25 a piece, 40 or so anywhere else.
Using their cross reference, I found that it was the same rotor used all the way back in the early 70's Bosch distributor on the V6 Ford Capri's. Price,, 1.50 ea. Not a Bosch brand mind you, but an exact match for fitment and function.
That's what I'm talking about.

I always price them 1st before the local stores, unless I have an immediate need.
02loftsmoor
I've had good luck with Rock Auto
karnak
I have found Rock Auto to be good. my windshield was replaced on insurance and the glass and trim came right from Germany. perhaps the did not know.. lol
rnellums
I use rock auto to look up part numbers and then buy on Amazon. Usually about the same price per part, but can't beat free two day shipping.
SteveL
I just bought a new Bosch fuel pump from them for $60, rather than the $120 everyone else wanted.
Arrived quickly, as described, etc.
bozo914
Had to replace the convertable top on my BMW. Priced it on Rock Auto, from the same supplier as the local installer used, but cheaper than the local company could get it. Fit perfectly, no complaints. Have purchased from Rock Auto for about 7 or 8 different vehicles, have always received parts that fit, and worked well.
Mikey914
Try locally. I have a company MS glass that gets them for about $200, and no shipping.
partwerks
I've purchased a lot of stuff from them. Some Subie, and some VW close out parts. seem to have good luck. Purchased some Delco oil filters, even with shipping, was more cost effective, than local, but just bought enough up till the shipping rate went up to the next level. I think it ended up being like $2.00 per filter. Got the fuel pump for the Jetta, Bosch for $ 53.79, and $ 31.42 for a blower motor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.