Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Was Original Radio.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Last930
What type of radio came in a '72 2.0? Were Motorola radios used?
Johny Blackstain
Yes, but not nearly as common as Blaupunkt or Sapphire. It was also most likely installed @ the dealer & not the factory.
SchwarzHorse
'twas maybe a Blaupunkt Sapphire. Check your glovebox owner's manual for photos to be sure
Last930
Any idea how to find what specific radio came with my car?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Last930 @ Oct 10 2014, 09:22 PM) *

Only way I know is to have a copy of the original bill of sale & see what the dealer did.
TargaToy
QUOTE(Last930 @ Oct 10 2014, 09:18 PM) *

Was there a '72 2.0?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(TargaToy @ Oct 10 2014, 09:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Last930 @ Oct 10 2014, 09:18 PM) *

Was there a '72 2.0?

Wow, I missed that laugh.gif
Actually, a 72 2.0 is more commonly known as a 914-6 biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Last930 @ Oct 10 2014, 04:22 PM) *

Most radios were dealer installed to pump their margin. Harvey Weidman could answer this. He was the parts manager at Sierra Porsche-Audi in the 1970's...
914Sixer
What ever was available at the dealership. Most cars came with the antenna installed and the dealer took it from there. Could be anything from a Audiovox 8 track, Blaupunkt, Becker, and Motorola.
Last930
Oops, my mistake '73 2.0 4 cylinder. Car I am in the process of acquiring. My first experience with 914's; been around Porches for the last 25+ years! but no 914's, so lots to learn. I ask about Motorola because when I dug this car out of storage there was an old Motorola radio sitting on a shelf near the car, which currently has a later model radio installed. Have no way to know if the Motorola was original.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 10 2014, 07:23 PM) *

What ever was available at the dealership. Most cars came with the antenna installed and the dealer took it from there. Could be anything from a Audiovox 8 track, Blaupunkt, Becker, and Motorola.

Antennas were a dealer add-on, too. That's why the locations vary, not only which side they're on, but fore and aft and how they sit on the fender.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.