Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 6 restauracion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
El Vikingo Tropical
Her comes some pics of the process:
Porschef
Wow! Now that's a project!

Hey it's a six at least. beer.gif

Looks like it spent a little time outside. sad.gif Show us the hellhole. dry.gif
GeorgeRud
Strip it all the way down and do a rotisserie restoration, you'll be glad you did (but it certainly won't be cheap when you're done).
El Vikingo Tropical
Well I did strip it to parts and I sand blasted it smile.gif
Then I duplicated a good two component primer so that the car doesn't oxidize wells the metalwork goes on.
El Vikingo Tropical
The good thing in the Canary islan is that the cars doesn't rost under mostly at the visible part of the cars as this is a very dry clime.
Starlack
Wow. A good start for a restoration:
Good luck
Porschef
Do you have it's engine?
El Vikingo Tropical
QUOTE(Porschef @ Oct 11 2014, 08:13 PM) *

Do you have it's engine?

This car has been standing for 28years with out running and I saw it for first time for about 18years ago.
When a saw it for first time it had the engine pulled down to parts in a box, Then some how the engine has disappeared together with the gear box. So what I wont have a matching nr sad.gif But I do have a race prepared +190hp 2.2s engine for this little toy.
mepstein
Glad to see another one is being saved. You cant drive matching numbers, its just bragging rights. The 2.2s will be fun!
Porschef
I'd imagine you don't have many road options there but the scenery must be incredible smile.gif
Cairo94507
Wow that is a nice looking starting point you have there. I look forward to seeing it move along as work progresses.
rick 918-S
Hmmm.. the outer long at the jack point actually looks good. Nice start!
Larmo63
I've never seen a stripped non-braced 914 hung in the air like that.
Dave_Darling
Are the cars you get there Spanish spec? Is there anything specific to Spain, or even more interesting, to the Canary Islands?

--DD
EdwardBlume
welcome.png welcome.png :

Nice project!
Mark Henry
If it's not numbers matching then I would go for the GT flairs. beerchug.gif
El Vikingo Tropical
QUOTE(Porschef @ Oct 11 2014, 09:33 PM) *

I'd imagine you don't have many road options there but the scenery must be incredible smile.gif

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 12 2014, 03:37 AM) *

Are the cars you get there Spanish spec? Is there anything specific to Spain, or even more interesting, to the Canary Islands?

--DD

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 12 2014, 05:54 AM) *

If it's not numbers matching then I would go for the GT flairs. beerchug.gif

We have nice mountain rodas over her as the island is 1800m high.
As this island nevera had the same tax system as Spain or now EU Europa we always have had ouer own import independent from Spain and not always the same models nor brands.
I have alredy purchased a GT Kit but i havent made up my mind yet if i use it!

I ad some pics from my uder 914/4 with 6 conversion
El Vikingo Tropical
The F1 so boring..
Before it was Red Bull!
Know Mercedes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.