Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mirror that replaces center visor pivots
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Dr Evil
I am now ready to take orders for the rear view mirrors that install where your sun visor center pivot mounts. $55 each includes shipping to the lower 48. I require that you send in your center pivot pins to be used on your mirror.

The picture is of the first (prototype) one that was not perfect. New units are true and painted. I'll take a pic of a new one when I get the use of a better camera IPB Image
Dr Evil
Here is a similar unit to what I make, but that ususally sells on ebay for much more!
jim_hoyland
Mike,

Ihave driven the teener two weeks now on your mirror upgrade. I gotta tell you, I don't understand why Porsche didn't use this design. This is a fabulus upgrade, I strongly recommend it to others.
larryp
You bastard! I bought mine on eBay; I think it was like $70 MORE. Grrr.

Good on you for doing this. And everyone should use one; it is great. Still, it's too goddamned cheap. IPB Image
Greyhound
I want to order the rear view mirror. Tell me how. E-mail me at clayton431@aol.com. Glen Clayton, Tampa, FL. givemebeer.gif
Chris H.
Me too! E-Mail me!
Dr Evil
Emails have been sent with my list of demands, uh I mean requirements wink.gif

Jim, I am glad you like it. smilie_pokal.gif
horizontally-opposed
Who made the visors in the pics? Can they be done in a smoke tint?

thanks,

pete
Dr Evil
Pete,
The visors were made by someone on ebay that used to make the mirrors tha I currently do. I poached his picture for an example. We talked about the hazards of having a stiff object near your head during a collision and why visors are usually soft in another post. It was enough to convince me not to get any visors like this. You may want to search for the old post to see if your mind does not change as well.
HTH
CptTripps
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Feb 9 2005, 01:28 PM)
Pete,
The visors were made by someone on ebay that used to make the mirrors tha I currently do. I poached his picture for an example. We talked about the hazards of having a stiff object near your head during a collision and why visors are usually soft in another post. It was enough to convince me not to get any visors like this. You may want to search for the old post to see if your mind does not change as well.
HTH

I was wondering about that too...

Here is the topic he is talking about...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...ST&f=2&t=21628&
Twystd1
OK,
I think I will fugetabout gluing mirrors on....

Dam good call Mike..... Er.. Ummm... Dr.Evil

Hey, whom do I call to get that car outa your back yard...

AND

Sorry I hung up on ya the other day. I had a difficult phone call to get handled.

Ya wanna PM your phone?

I will call ya tonight...

Twystd1
JmuRiz
QUOTE (jim_hoyland @ Jan 30 2005, 08:02 AM)
Mike,

Ihave driven the teener two weeks now on your mirror upgrade. I gotta tell you, I don't understand why Porsche didn't use this design. This is a fabulus upgrade, I strongly recommend it to others.

Have any pictures of it installed? I want to see if there is clearance behind the mirror post and the windsheild. I have a radio antenna I'd like to mount behind it. Thanks!
Dr Evil
I have a model that will work perfect for that. It gives much more clearance behind the mirror. No pics yet as I have no pins to make it with. The type that most have seen is the sloped one. The new one is more of a straight shot.
Dr Evil
icon_bump.gif Time is running out!
double-a
i'm in for one. got any pics of the mirror sans pins? where do i send my pins? thanks!

~a
Gint
PM sent. I want one before you bail.
41ghost
i would like to get one of your rearview mirrors but i don't think i have a pivot pin to send you, can you help? my email is Dreamzwvr@aol.com, you could also call 1- 317 431- 3621 ask for Drew, thanks
Dr Evil
Sorry, production has been suspended while I am moving and getting my successor set up with what he needs. They will be available again in the future, bigger, better, AND you wont need to send in any pins smilie_pokal.gif
GrayMatter
OK, so when is production starting again? =)
Midtowner
I'm waiting too! Thanks! smile.gif
mack914
Hey Yea!! We're tired of waiting. biggrin.gif cool_shades.gif happy11.gif
Dr Evil
Easy there, fellas. I just started gross anatomy chowtime.gif and will not be free other than weekends so hopefully I can get more organized this weekend.
tyler
Please put my name on the list - I'm in for one when you get going again.
mack914
Being a handy guy, maybe not a dr. evil, I'm going to put together my own mirror. Give it a try anyway. Do you apoxy the pivot pins into the mirrors? smilie_pokal.gif
DaveV
I would like to order a mirror when they are available. Let me know. Lmdave2@aol.com
Bartlett 914
I think I would like to get one of your mirrors. Just how patient do I need to be? I was attempting to relocate my mirror. I like the idea of getting a new clean mirror.

Mark
stwspoon
Put me down for one as well. I contacted you before but I didn't get my check in the mail before you shut down.

thanks

Stan
MoveQik
icon_bump.gif Any word on these? Are they available again?
Dr Evil
Hey Mike,
I will be doing these periodically, but the cores around here are much harder to come by and I refuse to make crappy items. I will also be doing these with new, hommade pins so the requirement to send me your pins will be no more and the price will be only very slightly affected. I only have one in stock at the moment and it is not painted and the mounting holes, although perfectly useable, are not exactly square. It is an asthetic thing only when looking at it un mounted, but I can't really send one out like that. You can potentially expect some during the summer when I am on break from med school, and when my paint will actually dry as it will be warm enough dry.gif If anyone wants to pre order (no payment necessary) just shoot me an email (not PM as I may not get it for a while) and I will add you to the list. The new price should be around $65 shipped as I may need to import good cores.
Thanks for all of your continued interest,
Mike
MoveQik
Damn! Looks like I'll have to glue my mirror on my new windshield. I can't go that long without one. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.