Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '70 at Pick N Pull in Sherwood, OR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mankowski
I spotted this one on Row52.com today and went right out to see. It's a '70, originally appears to have been white [edit: it's L80E Ivory]. Most everything is still there -- 1.7 engine, transmission, all body panels including an extra engine lid, targa top, front bumper and top pad, right side original glass (with an extra pair of triangle windows stashed in the trunk), rear glass plus an extra, rear defroster glass, black interior with both seats (rips on cushions but bolsters look good) and backpad; good, probably non-original carpet, steering wheel, rear tailights. Looks like someone was in the middle of body panel restoration and gave up.

Missing: fuel injection, fuel pump, gauges, left and front glass, rear bumper, valences, fog lights, etc.

Let me know if you are looking for something specific. I can probably tell you if it was there as of today, as I went over it pretty thoroughly. I grabbed the rain tray and original shift knob (missing its pattern insert, unfortunately).

VIN: 4702910567 (added to database)
Engine code: W0049442
Karman door tag: 2729518
Front trunk plate: 2910567

Happy pickin'

IPB Image
Sleepin
Rear bumper would be worth pickin!
Larmo63
Font bumper doesn't look that bad either….
SirAndy
QUOTE(mankowski @ Oct 11 2014, 09:15 PM) *
(added to database)

Thank you Sir!
beerchug.gif
mankowski
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Oct 11 2014, 09:17 PM) *

Rear bumper would be worth pickin!

Rear bumper was missing. Front has some surface rust in the middle and a wavy spot but is mostly straight.
warpig
914 Rubber's son told me about this gem Friday. I was planning a trip to go look at it tomorrow or Monday to see if anything useful was to be had. May still do it as I will be in the area anyway, confused24.gif if you are looking for something specific let me know. chowtime.gif
hndyhrr
How far off the I 5 is this yard? Have to go to OHSU in Portland tomorrow and would be fun to take a look.

Renee
cary
10 miles ..............

I might go look at it after lunch.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(cary @ Oct 12 2014, 07:55 AM) *

10 miles ..............

I might go look at it after lunch.

after a long drive from central point to ohsu and a 15 min appt at casey eye institute it will be a good distraction before driving home. ugh

thanks
fixer34
If the front bumper is in decent shape (straight, no big dents) and they don't want an arm&leg for it, and someone could ship it to me (Chicago area-I'll cover shipping costs and your time also), I would be interested.
Pete
bdstone914
A 1970 will have the desired rear hubs with the extra bosses. Not easy to remove in a self service yard. I made special tools to knock out the hubs if anyone wants to go for it.

The lower dash and glove box and glove box door are hard to come by items. I know of at least one person needing a glove box and door at this time.

And the right angle bracket on the engine lid that guides the rubber separetor for hte rear trunk lid is a hard to come by part.

Bruce
Larmo63
Fogs, horns, lots 'o smalls there…..
mankowski
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Oct 12 2014, 10:02 AM) *

If the front bumper is in decent shape (straight, no big dents) and they don't want an arm&leg for it, and someone could ship it to me (Chicago area-I'll cover shipping costs and your time also), I would be interested.
Pete

Because I was thinking of pulling it yesterday, I asked how much they want for chrome bumpers. "$65, no more than that". Maybe someone who's headed there today can get it for you?? It's in decent enough shape for that price.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(mankowski @ Oct 12 2014, 11:14 AM) *

QUOTE(fixer34 @ Oct 12 2014, 10:02 AM) *

Pete

Because I was thinking of pulling it yesterday, I asked how much they want for chrome bumpers. "$65, no more than that". Maybe someone who's headed there today can get it for you?? It's in decent enough shape for that price.

I'm going tomorrow between 12 and 1 if it is still there i'll get it for you.

Renee
mankowski
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 12 2014, 10:07 AM) *

A 1970 will have the desired rear hubs with the extra bosses. Not easy to remove in a self service yard. I made special tools to knock out the hubs if anyone wants to go for it.

The lower dash and glove box and glove box door are hard to come by items. I know of at least one person needing a glove box and door at this time.

And the right angle bracket on the engine lid that guides the rubber separetor for hte rear trunk lid is a hard to come by part.

Bruce

The glove box and door are there, although the door (and the entire dash face) is covered with some funky fake-wood laminate. There was also another glove box door lying on the floor, but I didn't check whether it was from an early or later model.
914bub
You said the fogs were gone but I can see the left fog and the right fog grille. I assume the right fog is there as well? I'm guessing you used the row 52 photo for your post and by the time you got there they were gone? confused24.gif

I'm interested, if those parts are there and someone wants to grab them.
mankowski
QUOTE(914bub @ Oct 12 2014, 12:22 PM) *

You said the fogs were gone but I can see the left fog and the right fog grille. I assume the right fog is there as well? I'm guessing you used the row 52 photo for your post and by the time you got there they were gone? confused24.gif

I'm interested, if those parts are there and someone wants to grab them.

My mistake. The driver fog was there yesterday but the passenger side was badly damaged (no glass, only the surround ring and mount remained; the right grill was also there).
cary
I stopped by and looked at the car.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

It has SS heat exchangers. Side shift transmission. Looks like a project set aside. Front trunk was damaged running over something. Longs are packed with dirt. They're still covered with metal outer longs. Hole cut in gas tank. ???

The sheet metal isn't too bad. I'm looking for a donor car for patch panels. So I might prolong its life a little longer. But I need to go and drill out the outer long rivets and take a deeper look. Who knows ................

Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 12 2014, 10:07 AM) *

The lower dash and glove box and glove box door are hard to come by items. I know of at least one person needing a glove box and door at this

Bruce

I'll be bringing a glove box + door to the G&R, also a couple of lower dashes ('74). Come by and grab whatever you need !
Marty
Sleepin
Hole in the gas tank was probably a salvage yard thing.
Sleepin
This is the same car that was listed on the 914 World Facebook page on 09/10/14 by David Emerson.
rhodyguy
914world Facebook page? I had no idea.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 14 2014, 08:02 AM) *

914world Facebook page? I had no idea.

914World
https://www.facebook.com/groups/402029799831413/

914World-Garage
https://www.facebook.com/groups/386890821353486/

type.gif
anderssj
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Oct 12 2014, 10:17 PM) *

Seems to be a Pick 'n Pull company policy/SOP . . . probably for safety reasons . . . see a lot of smokers out there (but this is VA after all) biggrin.gif
cary
QUOTE(anderssj @ Oct 14 2014, 03:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Oct 12 2014, 10:17 PM) *

Seems to be a Pick 'n Pull company policy/SOP . . . probably for safety reasons . . . see a lot of smokers out there (but this is VA after all) biggrin.gif

That makes since.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.