Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2-port fuel pump pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
In my "Gas Tank Adventures" thread, I'm back at square one. So I thought I would ask the crowd to show me your 2-port fuel pump installation pics if you have done this?

In particular, this would apply to people who have converted from 3-port to 2-port pump and relocated the pump up front....although I am not opposed to moving mine back to the rear with some sort of heat shield maybe?
JawjaPorsche
I moved my pump from original location under the battery area to the fire wall over 20 years ago. No need for a heat shield. Not one vapor lock since moving the pump.
EdwardBlume
Mine is just like pictured above..... fixed to the engine wall.
sdthomas
I moved mine to the front and switched to the 2 port pump, using the Tangerine relocation kit. It's mounted in the space near the MC for easy filter changes.
saigon71
I too went with the firewall mount option. However, I have experienced vapor lock three times on very hot days. If I find a cure for vapor lock I will leave it alone. Otherwise, I'll move it up front.

Click to view attachment

Mike Bellis
I borrowed Sir Andy's camera and took this one. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
boxsterfan
I think I am going to move mine to the rear firewall. Looks much easier to deal with in the long run.

If I needed a heat shield (although nobody is reporting issues) it seems like fashioning up on would be pretty easy back there also.
Mike Bellis
Porsche moved them to the front to eliminate vapor lock. Moving it to the rear may not work as well as you think.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Oct 14 2014, 03:32 PM) *

Porsche moved them to the front to eliminate vapor lock. Moving it to the rear may not work as well as you think.

I disagree. Moved mine to the firewall 20 years and have never had a vapor lock since. And I used to get a lot in the hot South!
boxsterfan
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Oct 14 2014, 12:32 PM) *

Part of me would rather have vapor lock then to ever have to crawl up front and get at the fuel filter again. shades.gif Moving it to the firewall (away from the direct output of the heat exchanger) suggests it will work fine. And putting up some sort of heat shield for a firewall mounted fuel pump looks rather simple...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.