Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing Climate Controls
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeatNavy
Can someone kindly tell me how I remove the climate control assembly from the dash? I've seen pictures of it out but I can't find any references to how it was done. I've got the bezel part way out but it seems to be stuck on something and if I pry any harder on it I'm afraid I will permanently bend it. I can't see under the dash if there's anything hold that and the actual control assembly in place or if it's supposed to "pop" out.

I don't want to disconnect any of the controls. I just want to clean the contacts better and make sure the light is working.

TIA
AvalonFal
There's a bolt at the back holding it to the body sheet metal.

Paul
BeatNavy
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Oct 13 2014, 04:27 PM) *

There's a bolt at the back holding it to the body sheet metal.

Paul

Cool, thanks Paul. Where is it in general? I've looked around and don't see the bugger.
GaroldShaffer
To help see better it may be helpful to remove the lower dash pad.
AvalonFal
Gotta get your head really in there!!! Here's a pic:

Click to view attachment
pilothyer
If the cables are still attached to the air box you can only pull it out so far.
AvalonFal
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Oct 13 2014, 05:25 PM) *

If the cables are still attached to the air box you can only pull it out so far.

agree.gif but you can pull it out far enough to clean the contacts with the cables still attached.

Paul
BeatNavy
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Oct 13 2014, 05:19 PM) *

Gotta get your head really in there!!! Here's a pic:

Thanks Paul! I finally see the SOB! I was looking in the wrong spot. I figured it would be on the dash sheet metal, but it's hooked up to the far wall (but you knew that already smile.gif ).

QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Oct 13 2014, 06:03 PM) *

agree.gif but you can pull it out far enough to clean the contacts with the cables still attached.

Paul

That's my goal. Just get it out far enough to clean contacts. I did some cleaning while it's still in the dash. I can get the light working, but it's sketchy. I find if I reach in with my finger and push down ever so slightly on the contact I can get it to light with the fan on medium and high. May need to clean that contact some more.

Thanks for everyone's help!
pilothyer
agree.gif That is very true..........You can also clean the contacts without removal by using a pencil eraser on a pencil.
bdstone914
Also look at the plastic between the traces on the board. I have seen several where the plastic gets hot and raises up lifting the finger that contacts the high speed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.