Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Books, schemas and literature about 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Vinny
Hello guys,
About 1 year I got a US imported 914 2.0 1976.
We've taken it apart and did a complete restoration and now is the time of putting it all back together. So far so good, but i've ran into a bunch of problems putting the car back in one piece and I am looking for detailed schemes of the wiring, the chassis parts (side skirts etc etc), and any other literature that can help me out of completing my project.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Mikey914
Best reference is the 914 factory manuals. They are very detailed.
Dave_Darling
I don't know if I'd say "very detailed". They have details, but they also leave a lot out. They're not exactly the best factory manuals I have seen--but they are about the best print resource out there.

This website is probably your best overall resource, though. Check the "Originality" section for how lots of things were originally put together, and don't be afraid to ask here.

There are wiring diagrams available on Pelican Parts, though they are intended to show functions and not wire layouts. There are some parts diagrams there, too. I think they came from the factory manuals, as did the photos in the Haynes manual.

Don't overlook the factory parts catalog. You can go to Porsche's website, look for Porsche Classic, then Documentation. There is a PDF of the parts catalog you can download. The line drawings are not great, but they sometimes can show you the rough arrangement of pieces.

But asking here is probably the richest resource. Heck, I learn new stuff here frequently, and I've been messing with 914s for a couple of decades!

--DD
RenoRoger
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 14 2014, 08:12 PM) *

I don't know if I'd say "very detailed". They have details, but they also leave a lot out. They're not exactly the best factory manuals I have seen--but they are about the best print resource out there.

This website is probably your best overall resource, though. Check the "Originality" section for how lots of things were originally put together, and don't be afraid to ask here.

There are wiring diagrams available on Pelican Parts, though they are intended to show functions and not wire layouts. There are some parts diagrams there, too. I think they came from the factory manuals, as did the photos in the Haynes manual.

Don't overlook the factory parts catalog. You can go to Porsche's website, look for Porsche Classic, then Documentation. There is a PDF of the parts catalog you can download. The line drawings are not great, but they sometimes can show you the rough arrangement of pieces.

But asking here is probably the richest resource. Heck, I learn new stuff here frequently, and I've been messing with 914s for a couple of decades!

--DD

I believe there might be some factory manuals available on CD.
The paper ones come in several volumes and cost hundreds of dollars. A fellow in Canada was selling them about 10 years ago. I am not sure what he was doing was legal ...copyright infringment.
Dave_Darling
Yeah, that's sort of completely illegal...

However, the Haynes manual has about 85% of the content (both words and images) of the factory manual, and the wording and photos are both lifted straight out of the factory books! And the Haynes book is an awful lot cheaper than the factory set. It's well worth having, even if you don't buy it from Pelican. wink.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.