Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is this guy? (N.E. content)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partsman
I drive the same route every day to work, and so far this summer and fall I see a guy driving various Porsches and other interesting cars....For the most part, the have NJ plates on them, and they are all what look to be show or concors condition...I wave to him every morning I am driving my 914 and he always waves back. I see him on the same street, Salem Street which runs from Groveland Mass into Haverhill Mass, in the same time frame (6:30-6:40 am).

This is drving me crazy... so far he has been driving:

Perfect black Speedster, with a tan top
Equally nice white Speedster, with a balck top
Sliver 356 coupe with overriders on the bumpers
dark blue 356 coupe, low bumpers with a red interior
Very early and super clean 911 or 912... the one with the model script on the lower right edge of the deck lid
Late 60's 911 targa, dark blue
really cool white Lancia Aurelia spider, with a black top (seen twice)
early 60's bug, gold with a black rag top

and now this morning??? A red 914 with no vinyl on the roll bar.... It was dark this morning, and we went by each other in a curve, so I only realized what it was as he was right next to me..

I'm always on my way to work (otherwise why would I be up that early...) so I can't turn around and follow him, and it's been a cornucopia of cars this summer, so I never know what to expect, but the guy has black hair, and atleast when he was driving the speedster, was wearing sun glasses.

Anybody know of a broker or classic car dealer up here on the NH/MA line? or in Boston maybe? whay do they have NJ plates?

I mean, no one can have this kind of collection, right?

This is killing me...
carr914
Sloan? confused24.gif
mbseto
QUOTE(partsman @ Oct 15 2014, 08:43 AM) *

I go to a gym that is on the end of a warehouse. The slot next to the gym was for a while rented out by a guy to store his car collection. He was some kind of investment adviser, looked like just an average guy from the outside. His warehouse slot was lined with about 5 Vipers (three tuners and his two "beater" Vipers), a couple Vectors (remember those?), a Lambo, a couple Ferraris, and various race cars. If his loading dock was open he would let anyone come in a look and I even think he let some guys drive a couple cars.

I don't live in Hollywood or New York or anyplace where I'd expect to see a collection like this, but apparently they're out there.
malcolm2
QUOTE(partsman @ Oct 15 2014, 07:43 AM) *

I'm always on my way to work (otherwise why would I be up that early...) so I can't turn around and follow him,

This is killing me...

Just tell your boss that one day, not sure when, but you are going to be LATE. This is much more important than work, right? Just do it. Turn around and follow him to Starbucks, or Dunkin Donuts, where ever... and make a new friend. piratenanner.gif With lots of cool cars. Maybe he will put you in his will. That would be my hope.
r_towle
In Lawrence there is a new deal that popped up over the past two years.
Sounds like his inventory.

He is on Craigslist frequently.

Don't forget the shop in Essex, it may be one of the owners driving his collection to keep them alive.
JmuRiz
I have a local member here who's a dentist and have an even more wild collection. Some people just like to spend the money they have.
partsman
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 15 2014, 08:57 AM) *

Sloan? confused24.gif

I thought this too, but I'm in the extreme upper northeast corner of MA, and he's in New Haven CT.... not a daily commuteable distance
partsman
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 15 2014, 09:37 AM) *

In Lawrence there is a new deal that popped up over the past two years.
Sounds like his inventory.

He is on Craigslist frequently.

Rich, that makes sense direction wise... he could be heading to 495 to go to Lawrence... the road I see him on would be the most direct way to get to 495 from Georgetown.
mskala
I'm in that area occasionally but not at friggin' 6am! I have not seen any of
those cars.
partsman
Mark, I've seen the silver 356 sitting in front of the new restaurant in Georgetown one night, but I didn't have the stones to stop and go in to ask "who ownes the 356.."
wndsnd
Alex Finnegan?

r_towle
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Oct 15 2014, 10:51 AM) *

Alex Finnegan?

He lives in the other direction, been to his house.
flippa
I saw that car last month on 128 NB in Lexington. Sweet looking ride. I got to see him come up from behind me and blow past in the fast lane. It had NJ plates, so it definitely was the same one.
carr914
QUOTE(mbseto @ Oct 15 2014, 09:19 AM) *

QUOTE(partsman @ Oct 15 2014, 08:43 AM) *

I don't live in Hollywood or New York or anyplace where I'd expect to see a collection like this, but apparently they're out there.

I've got a friend that keeps his cars in a Nice Building in an Office Park, but you would never know there was Millions of Dollars of Germany's Best inside;

Kremer K8
IROC
73 Carrera RS
914-6 (2)
Speedster (2, maybe 3)
RSK
Junior Tractor
924 GTR
944 GTR
2 IndyCars
Jaguar TransAm
Riley & Scott IMSA/GrandAM (2)
BMW GTR
CanAm
959S
CarreraGT
Mercedes GullWing (2)
GT3RS RaceCars (6)
gandalf_025
A few years ago I met a guy at a Hemmings Concours in Vermont.
He owned a small Restoration Shop in the Haverhill Industrial Park.
Somewhere behind the Rehab Hospital
He was showing 2 cars at the Hemmings Event for a customer. Both cars had N.J. plates on them.. Maybe it was him ??
partsman
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Oct 15 2014, 08:12 PM) *

He was showing 2 cars at the Hemmings Event for a customer. Both cars had N.J. plates on them.. Maybe it was him ??

I'm going to poke around the industrial park on Saturday and see if I find anything. The hunt is on!
partsman
QUOTE(flippa @ Oct 15 2014, 06:12 PM) *

I saw that car last month on 128 NB in Lexington. Sweet looking ride. I got to see him come up from behind me and blow past in the fast lane. It had NJ plates, so it definitely was the same one.

Which car did you see? The Lancia?
r_towle
QUOTE(partsman @ Oct 15 2014, 08:44 PM) *

QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Oct 15 2014, 08:12 PM) *

I'm going to poke around the industrial park on Saturday and see if I find anything. The hunt is on!

Seek, report back.
partsman
We might be on to something here.....

http://www.magnorestorations.com/
altitude411
QUOTE(partsman @ Oct 15 2014, 07:34 PM) *

We might be on to something here.....

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&a....77648437,d.cWc

Your on to a 404 code...nice work Magnum PI beer.gif
partsman
But, like Columbo, I stayed with it....try the link now beerchug.gif
altitude411
"Elementary" piratenanner.gif
gandalf_025
That sounds about right.. At that show, he had an early 911S and as I remember, some sort of VW I had never heard of. I saw the Ward Hill address on the Owners sheet on the cars, but noticed both cars were wearing N.J. plates. He and his wife were very pleasant.
I think he mentioned being an alumni of Paul Russell Inc.
sb914
Ttiwwp
sb914
Oops wrong thread
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.