Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Off to the Body Shop Again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gandalf_025
Sent the car to a body shop a few years ago and the guy ended up being crazier than I could deal with.
I paid the bill up to that point and pulled the car out. It has been sitting in my garage since.

Sent it out to a different place today.. Hope this time it gets done..

I suppose I should be excited about it... But I'm just not feeling it at this point..
All I keep thinking about is the nightmare it is going to be to put back together.

Click to view attachment
sb914
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Oct 15 2014, 03:53 PM) *

Sent the car to a body shop a few years ago and the guy ended up being crazier than I could deal with.
I paid the bill up to that point and pulled the car out. It has been sitting in my garage since.

I suppose I should be excited about it... But I'm just not feeling it at this point..
All I keep thinking about is the nightmare it is going to be to put back together.

Click to view attachment

Same boat putting it back , can't wait although.
She'll be red as well Click to view attachment
partsman
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Oct 15 2014, 06:53 PM) *

Where'd you send it to? Did they give you an idea of a timeframe?
r_towle
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif :

More than happy to volunteer to help put it together if you want, but i suspect you will enjoy the process.

Congrats for taking the first step, it's all going to be easier now.

Rich
wndsnd
Extremely happy to see this project moving forward. Just keep thinking about the drive ..

When you see it pretty and shiny the motivation will come.

Good move getting started again

John
r_towle
Now you have room in the garage for THIS
gandalf_025
The shop I sent it to is not one of the usual suspects. It is in Natick Ma.
I'm going to hold off mentioning the name of the place till I see how things go for a while.
My mechanic has been talking to the guy and showing him pictures for a few months.
They called him last week saying they were looking for some "Winter Work" I told them I'm in no hurry..
I haven't driven the car since 1988. What is another year or so ??

What it does do, is free up a bay in my garage so I can park inside this winter FINALLY.

Rich.. I have a gravel driveway.. Can you imagine what the dually snowblower would sound like spitting rocks out.

Here are a few more pictures of it outside for the first time in a long while.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

r_towle
They work fin on gravel, you just raise it up a bit, leave an inch or so for the first few storms then it freezes.
From the point, it's smooth sailing till march.

I figured with the extra space, and your unique wind patterns, a snow blower might be a good investment, and not just any snowblower, you need one that shoots 100 feet to get it far enough away so it won't blow back....like last year.
wndsnd
Is it done yet?

If not I will check in again tomorrow... smile.gif k

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.