Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Five Bolt Suspension on -4 ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I am in the process of rounding up the parts for a 5 lug conversion. I have picked up the 911 rear hubs , real -6 stub axles. rotors and wheel bearings. Cost $915 for parts.

I am expecting a cost of around $400 for the used front end.

Then the issue of new/rebuilt calipers, master cylinder and line replacement. $1200 ?

The good news is I already have new Bilstein shocks, rear springs, turbo tie rods and ball joints.

We are now at the $2.5k range. No wheels and tires yet !

IS it worth all that on a -4? confused24.gif

76-914
If it's what you want it is. I thought about you when I was driving on FM16 Monday. Good God they have a lot of wineries in that area now! When did all those pop up?
wndsnd
Of course .......

It makes it so much easier when you convert to the six. biggrin.gif

John
914Sixer
It's the Texas Hill Country. Wineries are of the OPINION that grapes grow just as good here as in other parts of the world. There are close to 25 of them in a 100 mile radius.
SKL1
Texas hill country? Headed there in a couple weeks for the F1 race!!! Can't wait!!
FourBlades

It is a cost effective way to look good. biggrin.gif

John
913B
Hi Mark, just don't think about, adding it up will make you second guess your choice to go 5 lug, heck people spend $$ on more foolish items. If you can spare the $$ go for it and enjoy. Do you recognize these 14" Fuchs I bought from you biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Yes, I do, however they look a lot BETTER now.
madmax914
If future plans are to upgrade to higher horsepower than yes it's a must. If you plan to stay with a stock 4 or mild HP upgrades I'd go with PMB's five lug conversion package. You'll still want to do the ball joints, Turbo tie rods and Master Cylinder upgrades, but that kit comes in under $800 and opens you up to much better wheel combinations.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(madmax914 @ Oct 16 2014, 10:39 AM) *

If future plans are to upgrade to higher horsepower than yes it's a must. If you plan to stay with a stock 4 or mild HP upgrades I'd go with PMB's five lug conversion package. You'll still want to do the ball joints, Turbo tie rods and Master Cylinder upgrades, but that kit comes in under $800 and opens you up to much better wheel combinations.

agree.gif

I went from 4 lug to 5 lug using Eric Shea's (PMB Performance) conversion kit. Piece of cake.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
pete000
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Oct 15 2014, 08:22 PM) *

Hi Mark, just don't think about, adding it up will make you second guess your choice to go 5 lug, heck people spend $$ on more foolish items. If you can spare the $$ go for it and enjoy. Do you recognize these 14" Fuchs I bought from you biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Hey thats Palos Verdes just down from the glass house ! biggrin.gif

Nice car BTW !!!
steuspeed
Better tire selection if you move up to 16" wheels.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.