Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hounds tooth/Dog teeth on 914 ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lostreasure
Did Porsche ever build a early 914 with Houndstooth interior? 1970 catalogue shows it but i have never seen one?
914Sixer
Yes, it was an option but who ordered one is a good question. Several members have redone their seats with Hounds Tooth.
bigkensteele
I would love to see an original example as well, but there might not be any left. The fabrics they used back then don't seem to be very durable.

My car originally came with blue plaid (Tartan) which had long since been replaced by a completely different pattern. I still have never seen a car with the original fabric that came in mine. There are two different blues (neither of which is available), but I don't know which one came in my car.
lostreasure
There has been documented original 1970 914-6 with hounstooth installed?
914Sixer
Ken,
I just happen to have a piece of material from a 75 blue seat. It is off the bottom so it is still new looking. I can send it to you if you want it?
SKL1
I've got the OEM houndstooth seats on my early '71 914. Have always covered the seat bottoms with towels since new to protect them. Have held up well for 43+ years!

Not great pix but you get the idea

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Michael N
Click to view attachment
bigkensteele
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 15 2014, 05:28 PM) *

Ken,
I just happen to have a piece of material from a 75 blue seat. It is off the bottom so it is still new looking. I can send it to you if you want it?

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
Sorry for the hi-jack, but that would be awesome!!! SMS Autofabric (I think that is the name of the company that is reproducing the other colors) can do this if we have a sample.

I will pm you with my contact info. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.