Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanting to restore my 914 in Colorado
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dwnoffy
Hello, I am new to 914World and fairly new to 914s. About 6 months ago I purchased my first 914. It's a 1975 2.0. I wanted to see if anyone can assist me with finding someone or someplace to have it restored. I am hoping to find somewhere in or around northern Colorado. It needs a lot of work but I really, really like the car & I want to have it fully restored or at the very least fixed into a really nice driver (depending on the costs vs budget). Any info you can provide will be extremely helpful!!! Please help me save this car, make it look great & get it back on the road!!! Thank you!
PlantMan
QUOTE(Dwnoffy @ Oct 15 2014, 10:54 PM) *

Hello, I am new to 914World and fairly new to 914s. About 6 months ago I purchased my first 914. It's a 1975 2.0. I wanted to see if anyone can assist me with finding someone or someplace to have it restored. I am hoping to find somewhere in or around northern Colorado. It needs a lot of work but I really, really like the car & I want to have it fully restored or at the very least fixed into a really nice driver (depending on the costs vs budget). Any info you can provide will be extremely helpful!!! Please help me save this car, make it look great & get it back on the road!!! Thank you!

welcome.png
Better upload a few pics!!! The natives get a bit restless around here for images!!!! lol-2.gif
PlantMan
QUOTE(PlantMan @ Oct 15 2014, 10:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Dwnoffy @ Oct 15 2014, 10:54 PM) *

welcome.png
Better upload a few pics!!! The natives get a bit restless around here for images!!!! lol-2.gif

One other thing, include the cars vin number in the data base.
The knowledge on this forum is crazy good!
You will get the information you need soon,
stugray
I am close to you in Longmont.

I know of a local shop that specializes in Porsche restorations and race conversions.

Shoot me your email via PM, and I will try to help you out.

Tell us more about the car and what you are looking for: Quick refresh and drive, full concours resto, or sporty daily driver with weekend race capability, etc...
altitude411
I'm not native but let me help... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

also... welcome.png
Dwnoffy
I'll try to get some photos & upload them tomorrow. And the VIN too.
I'm not sure how far I will go with it? It's going to depend on what all the car needs. Costs of repairs vs my budget $$$. I'd like to take it as close to original as I can; at the very least make it a really nice driver? I'm not looking to win any shows with it but I want something that drives well, looks good & that I can be proud to say is part of my family!:). Thanks for the help!!!
MMW
Here is one shop close to Denver. http://metalsurgeon.com/
EdwardBlume
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png
Harpo
Although I have no first hand experience with the metal surgeon his work looks very impressive.

David
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Harpo @ Oct 16 2014, 07:37 PM) *

Although I have no first hand experience with the metal surgeon his work looks very impressive.

David

agree.gif welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.