Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Classic Motoroil
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krazykonrad
Has anyone figured out if this is legit or Porsche relabeling oil that retails for a fraction of what the dealership charges?

Thanks in advance,

Konrad
ThePaintedMan
For the money you pay for it, why not buy a well known brand like Brad Penn or even the Joe Gibbs oil that Jake Raby helped develop? Porsche already gets enough dough for slapping their name on hoodies and t-shirts, let alone oil. Brad Penn has been proven a great choice for our engines for years and is a small company (American) that could use your $$. Jake wouldn't mind it either I don't think. biggrin.gif
tnsmike
I just changed my oil and did use the Porsche classic oil, I mainly bought it because I wanted the cans for my office, probably will buy it one more time in the 5L can then switch to something else, I wish they had put a 914 on the can instead of three 911s but I like the look of the cans. Idk if its all hype about it being specifically designed for air cooled engines that are driven and sit for periods of time but it can't be bad I'm sure.
GeorgeRud
I imagine that someone will eventually find out who is producing this for Porsche, and what the composition is. I agree that the cans are pretty nice to display around the garage, but don't know if I'd pay the Porsche Tax for it over other brands. As Porsche is still using Mobil 1 for their factory fills, I wonder what Mobil thinks about this?
wndsnd
Isn't the price you pay for this magic over $20.00 per quart !

John
Jake Raby
Yeah, its magic alright.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.