Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NOS Plaid Seat Patterns
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I found these and thought they might be of interest to owners of 75-76 models.
rick 918-S
Oh Crap! Someone was looking for that blue one about a year ago or so to have it reproduced.
914Sixer
Ken Esterie is looking for the blue one and I sent him a piece of material that I had.
bigkensteele
Yes, Mark is sending me a sample of the original blue material, and I plan to buy enough that SMS will make it. I can't thank Mark enough, and I am really excited about this project. There are a couple of members here that would like to see the blue reproduced, and Mark (914sixer) has made that possible.
funk
I am considering doing my 76 original this winter I am restoring the seats maybe leather but I do like the blue much appreciation for fabric prices or maybe I can sent you bottom and back of both seats?? show some prices please!!
Chris H.
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Oct 16 2014, 11:43 PM) *

Yes, Mark is sending me a sample of the original blue material, and I plan to buy enough that SMS will make it. I can't thank Mark enough, and I am really excited about this project. There are a couple of members here that would like to see the blue reproduced, and Mark (914sixer) has made that possible.

smilie_pokal.gif I can't believe it...Ken's dream is coming true. Awesome. Great work Mark!
VoPo914
I too would like to get the Blue fabric, I hope SMS will reproduce it.
7TPorsh
Do the fabric cushions have fabric all around the sides or are the side vinyl and only the tops are fabric? Inquiring minds want to know.
Chris H.
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 17 2014, 10:02 AM) *

Do the fabric cushions have fabric all around the sides or are the side vinyl and only the tops are fabric? Inquiring minds want to know.

The part that would normally be "basket weave" is fabric. The top and front I think.
Dave_Darling
How the heck did you manage to find those? Gotta be a story in there somewhere....

--DD
GregAmy
I like the red; it would go great with the Bahia Red on my '74 2L...of course, I'm also a big fan of the Whorehouse Red interior on my old '84 GTi, and I really like the red-trimmed retro-plaid in my '11 GTi...

Are the red seats for sale?

Greg
VoPo914
Both items are listed on EBAY under the search-Porsche 914 NOS, they are being
offered by AA.
GregAmy
QUOTE(VoPo914 @ Oct 17 2014, 02:17 PM) *

offered by AA.

Ow, only one and way too rich for my blood...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Oct 17 2014, 01:25 PM) *

QUOTE(VoPo914 @ Oct 17 2014, 02:17 PM) *

offered by AA.

Ow, only one and way too rich for my blood...

If there is a set under 2k shipped would be fair for factory original plaid seats. I paid more than that for my pasha seats with leather bolsters
Mblizzard
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Oct 16 2014, 08:43 PM) *

I would be interested in the blue if you can get it reproduced.
Mikey914
I had been tapped awhile ago to take on getting the material made. It's done and in stock. Also setting up to do seat kits so that you can have an easier DIY option.

You will need 2 yards as matching up the patterns and making sure it's centered on both burns some material. I have 40, 42, 44,45,47, 48 and 80 in stock and can be shipped in short order.
I will have 43 and 81 next week

Material is $120 a yard
Mikey914
Sent a kit out to Ken today, he should have Friday

Looking at sewing all 4 pcs for $125 (+ materials cost) for those that are interested

The sides and back will be available for $125 for both seats in matching black vinyl.

I'm starting a thread so that those that are interested can get materials or kits
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.