Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche swap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eyesright
I left Oklahoma @ oohhdarkthirty in order to get there by opening @ 8AM. I parked next to a pickup that turned out to be Clay with beaucoup parts for sale.

I sold some surplus parts but it was worth it just to see some nice cars. I didn't get names so if anyone wants to claim credit please chime in.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
eyesright
Okay, shameless plug, this is my '76 LE wannabee. On the ground now for a year and a half. OOMMMGG it feels good.

Click to view attachment

But this one looked just as good. Has Raby engine parts, 125HP on the dyno.

Click to view attachment
eyesright
This one looks fast.

Click to view attachment

This one looks expensive.

Click to view attachment
mr2by4
I made it out, but left the car at home, until I get the engine sorted. Did make a couple of connections. Went home and took the car for a lap of the neighborhood and almost tried to risk it to run back. Good news is that My car is not as bad as I feared it might be, bad news is that the passenger side handles does look broken at the handle, so I will be in the market for a new one. Thanks to the 914 guys who were out there. It was great to meet you all!
I know ClayPerrine was one, who else?
eyesright
Here's a cute little sister. This is a "new" Bug from Mexico, not somebody's custom job.

Click to view attachment
eyesright
And here's our rich uncle. This is a '60's S. Wow.

Click to view attachment

Thanks to Clay for announcing it here on the forum and to Zim's for the donuts and parking lot and discount on parts purchases.

http://www.allzim.com/index.html
bandjoey
Thanks for the pics. I work Saturday so I'll never make these. If there were some Sunday events.......
ClayPerrine
The orange 914 is my wife's 1.8L daily driver.

The Blue one belongs to Mark Hannah.

The red VW is a 2002 Mexican Bug, titled as a 72 for import. It belongs to the parts manager for Zims, Dennis Butts.

The silver 1968 911 belongs to Mike Kuhn. He works for Mayo Performance.

The red 914 is a 73 2.0 that came from California. It is is absolutely beautiful shape. The owner had me look it over and there is no rust that I could find. It even has the original rear trunk pan with the vin number intact. I have to apologize, but I don't remember the owner's name.

Glad you could come down and join us.
02loftsmoor
I made it down there also, sold an 2.0 intake to Clay, Clay also pulled the Fan adapter off an old crank for me.
theleschyouknow
the red one is mine - 2.0 but it's not fast!
thanks Clay and others for checking it out and confirming its awesome!
got it in July and drive everyday the weather allows
was really cool meeting folks and seeing 4 other 914s together
thanks to zimms for hosting as well
cjl (chris)
Gambusia
Apparently I missed not only all of the doughnuts, but all of the 914's mad.gif except for the orange one that Clay's wife drives on a daily basis. It is as pretty in person as the picture shows. Had a chance to meet and talk to Clay for a few minutes until we had to leave to return to the kid's sporting events. I wish I could have stayed longer to talk - nice to meet someone with obviously that much passion and knowledge about these cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.