Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spotted in the wild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sb914
Seen one In the wild yesterday eve.around 6 o'clock at a boat yard in seal beach, anyone no who this is? Haven't seen this one before. ( Jim.h)do you know?Click to view attachment
dw914six
QUOTE(sb914 @ Oct 19 2014, 04:12 AM) *

Seen one In the wild yesterday eve.around 6 o'clock at a boat yard in seal beach, anyone no who this is? Haven't seen this one before. ( Jim.h)do you know?

I would guess someone named Earl. sunglasses.gif
ripper911
agree.gif
sb914
QUOTE(dw914six @ Oct 19 2014, 05:49 AM) *

QUOTE(sb914 @ Oct 19 2014, 04:12 AM) *

Seen one In the wild yesterday eve.around 6 o'clock at a boat yard in seal beach, anyone no who this is? Haven't seen this one before. ( Jim.h)do you know?

I would guess someone named Earl. sunglasses.gif

I new that was coming smile.gif
jim_hoyland
Didn't get the VIN ? When you get this close, shoot a pic of the window VIN tag; or write it down. Then we can search the VIN database to see if it's listed, or add the vin to the database.
Larmo63
I'd say it's Earl's 914.
EdwardBlume
Stalker..... shades.gif
Gustl
I'd say it's a nice shot first.gif
orangecrate
Taking a wild ass guess here from what I can see of the plate surround-- which is blurry at best-- but I would say Earl is a Naval Academy Grad (an Officer to the unenlightend) and -- this is really a guess-- has a sailboat in that boatyard, at least 30ft. 40 yrs around a Navy base colors my judgement. Ha Ha I also really like the look of sail delete. Thought about doing that to mine.
sb914
QUOTE(orangecrate @ Oct 19 2014, 10:03 AM) *

Taking a wild ass guess here from what I can see of the plate surround-- which is blurry at best-- but I would say Earl is a Naval Academy Grad (an Officer to the unenlightend) and -- this is really a guess-- has a sailboat in that boatyard, at least 30ft. 40 yrs around a Navy base colors my judgement. Ha Ha I also really like the look of sail delete. Thought about doing that to mine.

No sail delete he painted themClick to view attachment
orangecrate
Ha ha Whatever. If ya got that close, was I right about the Alumni Naval Academy license plate surround???
BeatNavy
QUOTE(orangecrate @ Oct 19 2014, 06:13 PM) *

Ha ha Whatever. If ya got that close, was I right about the Alumni Naval Academy license plate surround???

Beat Navy. biggrin.gif
sb914
QUOTE(orangecrate @ Oct 19 2014, 03:13 PM) *

You were right!
orangecrate
Cool biggrin.gif Ha ha ha ha Will you tell my wife I was right about something? ha ha ha ha
sb914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 19 2014, 06:46 AM) *

Didn't get the VIN ? When you get this close, shoot a pic of the window VIN tag; or write it down. Then we can search the VIN database to see if it's listed, or add the vin to the database.

Here's the vin#Click to view attachment
CptTripps
I love that we all go up to random 914s and take pics of the VIN to make sure they're in the DB. I wonder if other "camps" do that too?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Oct 20 2014, 07:28 AM) *

I love that we all go up to random 914s and take pics of the VIN to make sure they're in the DB. I wonder if other "camps" do that too?

Added to database; agree.gif while you are taking a picture, shoot the VIN plate too. smile.gif smile.gif
bandjoey
He needs to get a 914rubber rear window seal. Nice car.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Oct 20 2014, 10:28 AM) *

Yeah, but does it feel like stalking? I mean sliding up to someone's car and taking a picture of their VIN...?

OK, a car in a junkyard... yeah, but I mean some random 914 owner who may not know or care who 914World is.

I think if I came up to someone taking a picture of my cars VIN, I might get a case of the ass over it...(if my 914 was on the road)

Think if you have someone taking pictures of your high dollar later model car/truck VIN, would you be suspicious?

Chris914n6
sounds like we need a 914world business card. that way you have a legit excuse to be in that area biggrin.gif
sb914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Nov 1 2014, 01:42 PM) *

sounds like we need a 914world business card. that way you have a legit excuse to be in that area biggrin.gif

agree.gif that way we won't get our butts kicked when taking pics.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 1 2014, 05:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Nov 1 2014, 01:42 PM) *

agree.gif that way we won't get our butts kicked when taking pics.

Because we all know anyone who owns a 914 is big and bad-ass! lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.