Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shocks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Where might be a good place to get those trunk shocks that will work in place of the torsion bars for the rear deck lid?
mepstein
Camp914
Bruce Hinds
Here's another idea that I've not seen posted here.

I use old worn out struts from a Ford Bronco II we had years ago. Ford made some perfect sized 90 degree brackets and the longer struts will support the weight of the rear lid and the top too. Yes, I made brackets to go inside the bottom of the lid and mount the top there. Top then comes up with the lid! It makes access to the rear trunk a lot easier, you don't have to try and hold the top up when getting things in and out.

Sorry no pictures, it's actually kind of embarrassing, I'm a hack and they could be made a lot nicer, but it works.
partwerks
Storing the top isn't a big deal with me. I think in the last 7 years, maybe I had the top off once? I would rather have a hard top. Tangerine racing does them, but at this point in time, are not offering the do it yourself kit for sale.
GeorgeRud
All the parts could be easily sourced from McMaster-Carr, but Camp914 has put together the correct parts that fit, so make things easy on yourself and just get his kit.
Dtjaden
I have the Camp914 kits front and rear and they are great. In addition to smoother operation you gain some additional room in the engine compartment for better access.
Ian Stott
I have the Camp 914 shocks, you won't regret getting them!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
r_towle
Why put the top on at all?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.