Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blue 914GT Spyder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
El Vikingo Tropical
This is a car that I have had for about twent y years!I made this car for long time ago with a injected 3.2L engine now I change for a 3.0L carb motor.
The car has:
911 3.2 front suspension with Koni.
At the rear the trailing arms are re forced and I use Koni height adjustable.
The drive axle comes from a 930.
The chasis has been re forced.
Dry sump, oil filter and battery is relocated in the front compartment.
veekry9
Lighter,more powerful,faster in a scary way on a coastal road to the mountains.
All good,nice blue.
OllieG
Nice…just try to keep it the right way up!! smile.gif
colingreene
hey i have family on gran canaria
El Vikingo Tropical
QUOTE(colingreene @ Oct 21 2014, 05:54 PM) *

hey i have family on gran canaria

It's a small island! A spot at African coast☺
At the photo is the old 3.2 engine.
JRust
Wow thanks for posting. I haven't seen pics of your car before! So strange not seeing the targa bar in place. Looks like your car is well sorted though. Can't wait to see more biggrin.gif
Chris Pincetich
Does it still have the roll bar hoops or did those get removed with the old engine?
Thanks for sharing the pictures beerchug.gif
It's very unique smile.gif
jim_hoyland
Very nice ! smile.gif Thanks for sharing. What do you know about the cars history ? Was it sold originally in the Islands; or did someone ship it there ?
And, are there any other 914s in the Canary Islands ?
El Vikingo Tropical
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 21 2014, 08:21 PM) *

Very nice ! smile.gif Thanks for sharing. What do you know about the cars history ? Was it sold originally in the Islands; or did someone ship it there ?

I'm from sweden but I have been living in the Islands since
I was a just teen. Part of local people has always had a good economy so and they love cars that why the islands is full of odd cars.
The local oldtimer car club has more than 1200 cars. I have a naibor that collect classic rally cars and he has 130 of them including montecalo wining units.
In my little village we are restorating two 914/6 at the moment I know 5 unite of 914/4 over her. We use to run classic rally with them at the local mountain roads.
El Vikingo Tropical
QUOTE(Chris Pincetich @ Oct 21 2014, 08:19 PM) *

Does it still have the roll bar hoops or did those get removed with the old engine?
Thanks for sharing the pictures beerchug.gif
It's very unique smile.gif

The rollbar are just Bolt on piece.
This car has always been in the the island.
I purchased the car 23 years ago in a very bad shape with a broaked engine it was my first Porsche. Some years later I start importing sport cars to Gran Canaria mostly Porsche so I have had a lot of them but I always keep my this little 914 all this years
SirAndy
Needs some cleaning ... FERG.gif

biggrin.gif
El Vikingo Tropical
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 22 2014, 06:27 PM) *

Needs some cleaning ... FERG.gif

biggrin.gif

More than a cleaning a Some new paint.
And we make bodywork in composite (carbon/aramide) it's gone far more lighter.
I was measuring the Audi 4.2L engine and box and they can go in idea.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(El Vikingo Tropical @ Oct 21 2014, 10:41 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 21 2014, 08:21 PM) *

I'm from sweden but I have been living in the Islands since
I was a just teen. Part of local people has always had a good economy so and they love cars that why the islands is full of odd cars.
The local oldtimer car club has more than 1200 cars. I have a naibor that collect classic rally cars and he has 130 of them including montecalo wining units.
In my little village we are restorating two 914/6 at the moment I know 5 unite of 914/4 over her. We use to run classic rally with them at the local mountain roads.

Feel free to add pics of all the Island 914's on the World; and, please update our VIN data base with other 914's- they don't have to be yours. I see you added your 914 to the database already. smile.gif
El Vikingo Tropical
The white one is 914/6 thats under restoration her in my local village, I dont know the chasi nr but It's a supposed matching nr unit.
I have bout a 3.0L engine for my little blue toy, the engine has been standing at a storage her in the island for 15years so I have to pull it to parts for a rebuilt.
I'm gone look for some udder pistons , cam and PMO carbs to make it a little bit more funnier.
I have been thinking of the Subaru transaxle does anybody any experience with it together with the flat six

El Vikingo Tropical
Now the engine start to look a lite bit nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.