Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs wheel question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeff
Hi, I have a set of 16x6 &7" fuchs I'd like to replace those with 15x7 & 8" and weld on GT flares; I have brakes off of a 1989 911.. Will the 15" wheels clear the brake calipers? Will I need spacers for to correct the offset? Are the 15" significantly more expensive? I'm not sure what my 6&7s are worth? I here the tires are more difficult to find but I'm ok with "R" compound...
Thanks for the help..
matthepcat
The brakes should fit fine. Wheel offset should be fine as well, but what is the risk? You can get wheel spacers easily. Wheel value will depend on condition.
JRust
Why going smaller? Do you have the 15's already? If not just find a pair of 16x8 & us the 7s you have up front. I personally love the look of the 16 over the 15s. plus you'll have an easier time finding tires in the 16. When it come to tires over 225 in width. The selection is more limited in the 15". I run 16x8 on all 4 corners with my gt flares.

I did try to run 15x7 cookies & they wouldn't work with my 911 front end. The bottom of the front strut assembly just rubbed the rim. Passenger side was fine but really close like 1/8" close. Drivers side scrapped the wheel. Brakes were fine

I do happen to have some 16x8 should you decide to go that route. Shoot me a pm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.