Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Right hand drive conversions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nutter965
Hi all, probably not a topic the US members will be able to help with but I know there was the Crayford conversion but has anyone converted themselves and did they take pictures, all help much appreciated.

PS I already own a LHD Golf Rallye and on country roads it's a PITA to overtake unless you want to loose the side out of your car !
Johny Blackstain
welcome.png
I've wondered about this myself, since none that I'm aware of left the factory w/ RHD. I've also known of the Crayford conversions, there's a thread of an Australian one being repaired that's also RHD, http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=243028&hl= & am curious to see if there are any in Japan.
edwin
I have 1 that was converted in the 90's and is ok. Uses a rhd 911 pedal box and cut fuel tank. The dash is then sectioned and flipped
The one I'm currently building should look a little better when done. I'm using a tilton pedal cluster with double brake master cylinders and hydraulic clutch. The fuel tank I'll make from scratch and use an intank pump for the Fi I run. Also using a 911 steering column
Sorry about the pic being upside down. It's what we are used to in Australia and I'm on my phone

Admin edit: Rotateificated the image for 'ya ...

Click to view attachment
Nutter965
Mmm that is a rather sexy set up !, on your 90's conversion bid they weld in part of the 911 firewall to give pedal clearance ?

I've been studying my firewall etc just need to have a good look at a 911 one now ! scrap yard here i come !
I found some pictures of a Crayford online but there not very clear.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

hope they don't mind me using there pictures !!

QUOTE(edwin @ Oct 23 2014, 03:04 AM) *

I have 1 that was converted in the 90's and is ok. Uses a rhd 911 pedal box and cut fuel tank. The dash is then sectioned and flipped
The one I'm currently building should look a little better when done. I'm using a tilton pedal cluster with double brake master cylinders and hydraulic clutch. The fuel tank I'll make from scratch and use an intank pump for the Fi I run. Also using a 911 steering column
Sorry about the pic being upside down. It's what we are used to in Australia and I'm on my phone

Admin edit: Rotateificated the image for 'ya ...

edwin
All that I've seen have had the firewall level with the left hand side. I don't really like the original pedal box and the added benifit of cheaper master cylinders and hydraulic clutch appealed to me
OllieG
Wayne (rhd racer) over on DDK has converted his car…I think Maurice (moriarty) has too.
veltror
Ian Mcmath had a RHD, go on ddk and ask
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.