Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FRONT TRUNK LOOK
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
chazt74914
I have gone to a brushed aluminum look to my '74-2.0 on the dash switch area -formerly the black basket weave fabric area, also the Momo steering wheel and window cranks. Now I want to fabricate some aluminum covers for the fuel tank/reservoir area, behind the trunk wall to cover the cluttered look.
has any one out there come up with covers for this area?
looking for ideas.
Also, the springs don't hold the front trunk lid up all the way and they are already adjusted to their tightest position.
could these springs be weak?
1970 Neun vierzehn
chaz,

First of all, welcome.png It is good of you to join our mad, whacky and obsessed 914 group.

Second, If you haven't yet done so, add your VIN and any other vehicle information on your car to our 914 data base (accessed at the top right side of this page..."914 Info")

Lastly, your questions are very welcome here on the 914 World Forum. That said, however, you posted your query on the Originality & History Forum which will probably not get much response. Try posting on the general forum page, the "914World Garage."

And once again, welcome to the "World"

Paul
larss
QUOTE(chazt74914 @ Oct 23 2014, 07:52 PM) *

Also, the springs don't hold the front trunk lid up all the way and they are already adjusted to their tightest position.

I have the same problem on my front trunk, it goes about 2/3 up, and suspect the extra weight from a lot of tin filler and paint making the lid to heavy, dont think the springs have much reserve for extra weight.

Lars S
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(chazt74914 @ Oct 23 2014, 12:52 PM) *

I have gone to a brushed aluminum look to my '74-2.0 on the dash switch area -formerly the black basket weave fabric area, also the Momo steering wheel and window cranks. Now I want to fabricate some aluminum covers for the fuel tank/reservoir area, behind the trunk wall to cover the cluttered look.
has any one out there come up with covers for this area?
looking for ideas.

The springs are painted steel. If the paint is no longer there, the steel will weaken with oxidation. Replace them - cheap.
BTW, this IS a question concerning originality and is fine here. The "brushed aluminum" portion belongs elsewhere.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.