Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5/31 breakfast & 6/1 Partsheaven pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
First, a handful of pics from the breakfast. Actually from the BS'ing in the parking lot after breakfast.

Guess what kind of motor is in this car? wink.gif
Dave_Darling
911 "flag" mirrors are a nice touch on this 73 Six conversion.
Dave_Darling
The infamous MSHP oil tank.
Dave_Darling
73 1/2 911T motor in a 73 914. Lots of fun, and I'm told 30+ MPG! smile.gif
Dave_Darling
OK, on to PartsHeaven! Odd rubber motor mount on this one. Was someone using Bus mounts on a 914 mount bar???
Dave_Darling
This is a 2.7L 914 motor that had been installed in a 912. Those are either Bus or VW 411 exchangers, so he actually had heat!!
Brad Roberts
Wrong pic DD.

B
Dave_Darling
(I figured that out as it was posting, B.)

912E motor--in a 912E, not a converted earlier 912.
Dave_Darling
The car, a multiple-time concours winner, is for sale.... To fund Ed and his son's new 69 911T race car project. "I've had enough of washing the d**n things, now I wanna drive them!"
Dave_Darling
Speaking of concours...
Dave_Darling
Yummm.... Speeeeeedster....
Dave_Darling
Or how about a REAL RS (touring)?
Dave_Darling
With Km gauges and everything!
Dave_Darling
And, of course, that famous duck tail!
Dave_Darling
Or a new 996 Targa (AKA "mega-sun-roof hatchback").
Dave_Darling
Nice early grey car. I like it!
Dave_Darling
But what's this? Am I seeing double???
Dave_Darling
I think one's a 68 and the other a 69. One is definitely short-wheelbase and the other long-wheelbase.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 2 2003, 10:33 AM)
But what's this? Am I seeing double???

are those windshield wiper to the right on that car on the right side ????
Dave_Darling
Oh, and did I mention the other real RS at the other end of the parking lot??
Dave_Darling
968, probably the last four-cylinder Porsche that will ever be made...
Dave_Darling
Nice shark...
Dave_Darling
Yummy... Delphi Blue, one of my all-time favorite 914 colors! This one had four-bolt Pedrinis instead of five-bolt Mahles, but it was still a good combination.
Dave_Darling
The silver 75 was no slouch either!
Dave_Darling
A little higher angle on the 75.
Dave_Darling
Back to the Delphi Blue car!
Dave_Darling
An overall view of the small Concours lot. There was a whole row of cars off to the right of this, but the picture didn't turn out. (Oops.)
Mueller
I need to take pictures of the mythical "Grasshopper" side stripes I bought at the meet on Sunday...nice day, I didn't sell any bearing kits, but I do think I have some prospective buyers that took down my information smile.gif
Dave_Darling
This car pulled in right at the end. Nice looking, but after it went past it was obvious that the right-rear suspension was sagging a whole lot! Hopefully not from a suspension console problem....

Anyway, that's it for my pics!
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 2 2003, 09:34 AM)
are those windshield wiper to the right on that car on the right side ????

Yup. They changed the side the wipers parked on in, I think, 1968 or thereabouts.

--DD
Brad Roberts
The guy with the Yellow car asked me for a ballpark figure to convert the car to a 3.0 six. He also has a cherry 78 930 Turbo.

B
Bleyseng
Mike, you gonna turn your white 914 into a Grasshopper now that you got the side stripes?
That would be kewl.
Geoff
yarin
Nice Pics!

Thanks for posting. biggrin.gif Your camera captures the reflectivity of the paint very nicely. I'm impressed.
Brad Roberts
How many of you think the guy parked in front of my truck at the swap meet needed a few friends ??

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 2 2003, 10:59 AM)
How many of you think the guy parked in front of my truck at the swap meet needed a few friends ??

dunno, but i know for sure the cutie on the other side needed a new "friend" wub.gif
Jenny
Yeah, that guy was a bit much... Was that disco music he was blasting??

Jen
ThinAir
The 911 mirrors look like they were very well done on that 73. I've got a set that I put on my 72 before I dismantled it, but I never got them right. It would sure be nice if there was a template available to take the guess work out of installing them. Someday when the 72 goes back together I'd like to put them on the new doors, but there won't be any room for not getting it right the first time.
Brad Roberts
Did any of the "single" guy's chat with the young lady across from us ??

B
Lawrence
Thanks for the pictures, Dave!

-Rusty
Mueller
"Daddy" was there pretty much the entire time....I'm sure he had a hidden bat or something smile.gif

No, the green decals are not going on my car....I'm not into the PORSCHE script on my cars.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 2 2003, 01:32 PM)
"Daddy" was there pretty much the entire time....I'm sure he had a hidden bat or something smile.gif

i tought about that too, i really hope he was her "daddy" ohmy.gif
but she sure knew the 911 inside out, way to go girl!
richardL
Dave,

Who's is the 'DAS SIX' /6? It passed me a few weeks ago on 17 going over to Santa Cruz, while I was in the truck and looked just gorgeous.

Richard
Brad Roberts
Olav's 3.2 car.

B
Jenny
Olav's. I think he's in Los Gatos hills. You were able to read the "DAS SIX"?? I figured he'd fly on 17. driving.gif

Jen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.