Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WhereTF has Root been and will I ever get another 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Root_Werks
Hola lads!

Life has been busy the past few years and since the sale of my last 914 a couple of years ago, I'm still 914-less. I'm sure I'll get another one as I always keep my eyes open. Just hasn't happened quite yet.

I'd like to purchase one of my old 914's back which makes it a little harder. If anyone knows of the whereabouts of any of my old 914's, drop me a line.

I spend more time flying than I do driving these days:
Root_Werks
My last 914-4 with "H" 5th, probably one of my favorites:
Root_Werks
The "Steel Top" 914-6 which I figure I'll never get:
Root_Werks
1974 2.0 I picked up from sixnotfour (Jeff H.) the guy won't sell it:

Root_Werks
Another I have no idea where this one is either:
Root_Werks
This one wound up in more than one magazine article:
Root_Werks
This one...ah, pretty sore subject this one is:
smile.gif
Root_Werks
I should have bought this and not let my buddy sell it:
Root_Werks
Still have this:
Root_Werks
And this (No poking fun at me!):
Root_Werks
And this:
914werke
What happened to the Puma?
Root_Werks
I did let the Puma go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znY6OdGPRWU

I put in a 2275 which made it pretty quick, but not matter what, it always felt like a "kit" car. Good quality, but the fit and finish was nothing close to a true production car.
JRust
I know of a Signal Orange 20 min from me you sold to a guy named Randy years ago. Had a 2.4 six in it. Although he sold the motor & bought a 3.0. Hasn't made much progress getting it installed. Rebuilding the motor & just needs to finish putting back together. I think he has the bottom end done. Heads are machined & ready. Just hasn't touched it in 6 years. I can certainly get you his # if you want to talk to him. He has a bunch of nice parts he has picked up for it. Full 5lug conversion sitting there in parts. Roller ball suspension. He had gt flares but I bought those from him years ago.

I also have a complete 75 with a 1.8 I'd work with you on. It's Laguna Blue but does have a little hell hole. Especially if you brought your welder down & helped me replace the firewall in my v8 roller. Just the cutout from the buick motor. There is a 3ft section in the firewall cutout unsure.gif .
Root_Werks
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 24 2014, 09:29 AM) *

I know of a Signal Orange 20 min from me you sold to a guy named Randy years ago. Had a 2.4 six in it. Although he sold the motor & bought a 3.0. Hasn't made much progress getting it installed. Rebuilding the motor & just needs to finish putting back together. I think he has the bottom end done. Heads are machined & ready. Just hasn't touched it in 6 years. I can certainly get you his # if you want to talk to him. He has a bunch of nice parts he has picked up for it. Full 5lug conversion sitting there in parts. Roller ball suspension. He had gt flares but I bought those from him years ago.

I also have a complete 75 with a 1.8 I'd work with you on. It's Laguna Blue but does have a little hell hole. Especially if you brought your welder down & helped me replace the firewall in my v8 roller. Just the cutout from the buick motor. There is a 3ft section in the firewall cutout unsure.gif .

May not be a bad idea. That 2.4 was a really, really good engine and I liked the sleeper look of a non-flared, steelie 914-4 look.

I will admit, I have zero time for a project. I will be looking for something "done".
ConeDodger
I know of a soda blasted roller just looking for a guy with your skills... Rip off those David Clarks and give McMark a McCall.... biggrin.gif
McMark
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 24 2014, 11:39 AM) *

I know of a soda blasted roller just looking for a guy with your skills... Rip off those David Clarks and give McMark a McCall.... biggrin.gif

Yup. That car needs a home. I thought the same thing.
raw1298
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Oct 24 2014, 08:22 AM) *

And this (No poking fun at me!):

No joke, I had a red formula, wish I still had it. Very fun.
Chris H.
McMark's car with a steel roof? chowtime.gif C'mon you got one more in ya...
sixnotfour
Ed's old black six is sitting with no motor.. a while back the owner tried selling it as a roller..

That looks alot like Ed's plane ???
EdwardBlume
What are you going to do? Wait until you get way older to realize you should have had a 914 all along? poke.gif

It's always been fun watching you and your cars.
carr914
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 24 2014, 09:26 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 24 2014, 11:39 AM) *

Yup. That car needs a home. I thought the same thing.

The Marathon Blue Car? I thought that Sold
McMark
No still have all my cars (for better or worse). The blasted car is green.
effutuo101
Hope you find what you are looking for Dan! It would be good to see you out again.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 25 2014, 09:20 AM) *

No still have all my cars (for better or worse). The blasted car is green.

Minus a limo. slap.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 25 2014, 01:28 AM) *

Ed's old black six is sitting with no motor.. a while back the owner tried selling it as a roller..

That looks alot like Ed's plane ???

Yep, Ed's airplane. Couldn't let it leave the "family" so now I terrorize the skies with it.

Would be neat to pick up Ed's old 914-6. I do have to be careful, I really have no time to assemble or restore anything anymore. Ed still has 99% of his fleet which I keep going for him. Add that up with what I have and it's a handful already.

I probably wouldn't do a 914-6 anymore. I'm kicking myself for selling my last 75' 914-4. The 2.0 with L-Jet and custom gears ("H" 5th). That was such a great 914. I think if I could score a nice 914-4 I'd be happy. This winter might be a good time to buy?
Root_Werks
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 25 2014, 03:27 AM) *

What are you going to do? Wait until you get way older to realize you should have had a 914 all along? poke.gif

It's always been fun watching you and your cars.

According to my wife, I'll never grow up.

biggrin.gif
effutuo101
See if Rich or Jeff want to part with one of their 914's.
biggrin.gif
914werke
idea.gif shades.gif
914werke
happy11.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Oct 24 2014, 08:15 AM) *

Another I have no idea where this one is either:

About 2-3 years ago I ran into this car at a local business. I flipped a u-turn and a nice conversation ensued with the then current owner. He was in the Bellevue area (?) as I recall and knew you had built it locally. He bought it from a guy in SoCal who sold it to him. I told him your name on this site and how to get a hold of you through the 914world site. Guess he should have wrote it down. . .

Stunning car when I saw it. . . It was in good, appreciative hands.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.