Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cayman S
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
EdwardBlume
How are the Cayman S cars holding up as club racers? Are they competitive?

I just saw an article on the GT4 and it looks like Porsche is coming around on supporting a race effort beyond the 911.
EdwardBlume
Here's an article:

GT4 Spy Shots
campbellcj
I don't have personal ownership experience (yet) but have seen and heard of quite a few engine and trans failures amongst the POC guys - most are Boxsters but the issues are generally the same of course. I'm sure with careful prep/mods the weaknesses can be minimized.
grantsfo
Hey Rob the 987.2 S is very solid car - 2009 or newer. Porsche improved oiling, IMS etc where first gen had some issues. They are very robust cars. I just picked up a 2010 S that I plan to drive on track a bit. They are incredible cars. Even in stock shape with sports suspension the car feels very much like a race car. Very balanced and allows me to make driver inputs to invoke oversteer.
Vysoc
I was fortunate enough on Christmas day to get a ride in a 2015 Cayman GTS, 6 Speed. I was absolutely blown away, the feel, the power, the BALANCE, the exhaust note.
Awesome car!!!

Vysoc flag.gif
campbellcj
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Dec 28 2014, 09:15 AM) *

I was fortunate enough on Christmas day to get a ride in a 2015 Cayman GTS, 6 Speed. I was absolutely blown away, the feel, the power, the BALANCE, the exhaust note.
Awesome car!!!

Vysoc flag.gif

I'd love to have a Cayman track car - probably would if I had not poured blood, sweat, tears and buckets of cash into my 914. They are very quick and forgiving. I love the looks of the latest generation as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.