Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More air to airbox? (cutting involved)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
I have on my 2.7 conversion a somewhat unique system. It is CIS but it is using a audi 80/rabbit airbox, see pic

http://www.theidiotsvillage.com/misc/car_p.../pict_pg_5.html

I was told that I would benifit HP wise from better breathing. And that I should cut some circular holes in the bottom of the airbox, as well as enlargening the tubing that leads to the thorttle body. As you can see in the pic, the airbox opening is just above and below the large breather oil tube, and the tubing to the throtle body gets smaller in diameter closer it gets. Anyhow before I start messing with a very smooth running CIS I thought I would ask opinions. Ferg tongue.gif
J P Stein
I've never seen anything quite like that on a 6.
I wouldn't mess with it....till I had a Weber set-up in hand biggrin.gif
Scott S
Hi Ferg -
We used to do that to our GTI's - LOTS of holes cut into the air box. I know your system is similar, but being that it seems to be really custom I would probably abstain - especially sonce the car in running well. The other thing we tried was rmoving the air cleaner. That actually hurt performance on the car. The big throttle body swaps are a joke as most people to not match port the intake manifold. If this is not done, there is no airflow increase.

Your car seems to be very well thought out (per Brant the brakes alone are worth a fortune!) I wouldn't mess with it - other than flares and really big fuchs! biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
Where is the AC compressor mounted ??

B
Ferg
AC Comp is mounted underneath on the passenger side. Belt runs just under the tin (I think) and I don't know how they mounted it, But It does blow ice cold I used it the other day with the top of and it did feel good to have cool air blowin. I will get pic's of it soon. I lent my camera to a friend as soon as I get it back I will shoot some more pic's, car's changed a little since these photos.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.